WISE Program Administrator
|Company||University Of Manitoba|
|At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.|
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the nineth consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The WISE Program Administrator supports the successful implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive outreach program for the Faculty of Engineering, called WISE. The position provides administrative and financial assistance to the WISE Kid-Netic Energy Director and ensures completion of duties relating to the day to day operation of the office. Responsibilities include providing administrative, coordination and planning duties for the program. This role works independently to ensure that tasks are carried out to completion in a timely manner. The Program Administrator develops new outreach activities and leads training of student staff in the activities. The Program Administrator liaises with province of Manitoba school boards and educators to promote WISE Kid-Netic Energy services and oversees outreach to underrepresented youth like girls, Indigenous youth and youth facing socio-economic barriers within city, rural and northern communities.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· University Bachelor's degree in a related discipline is required, preferably Science, Engineering or Education.
· Equivalent of 2 years of directly related administrative experience required.
· Prior experience related to education of Manitoba youth required.
· Experience, knowledge, and competency with Indigenous cultures, history, and community protocols required.
· Experience with administering budgets and producing financial statements for external funders is required.
· Supervisory experience in leading and directing a team required.
· Understanding of how school boards, schools and parent associations conduct business throughout Manitoba required.
· Experience with program development, workshop facilitation and public speaking required.
· Experience and/or training in project management an asset.
· Familiarity with principles of fundraising an asset.
· Experience in outreach and recruitment, with an emphasis on children's programs required.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
· Employee and Family Assistance Program.
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
|How To Apply||Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: Click Apply Now!|
Closing Date: February 19, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-8371. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.