|Company||Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development|
|Job Category||Cleaning Services|
|Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development|
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The position is responsible for carrying out a variety of general labour and cleaning activities relating to the sanitization of common areas and tools to prevent the spread of germs and maintain a sanitary workplace.
Vernon is Surrounded by rolling grasslands with rocky outcrops and stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, its three lakes and mountain views in every direction command attention. Nature remains Vernon's biggest asset. Famous champagne powder at Silver Star Mountain Resort, just 22km/13mi from downtown, attracts skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers and snowmobilers. In summer, countless hiking and cycling trails to explore every area from the historic Grey Canal within the city to the nearby provincial parks and the rugged Monashee Mountain Range. Mountain biking is also a big draw at Silver Star.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve
and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Manual labour or cleaning experience
• Physically fit and able to lift supplies (i.e. cleaning supplies and materials) on an on-going basis
• Able to work outdoors in all types of weather and with potential allergens such as pollen, grass, insects, chemical cleansers; as well as ability to work at heights using lifts and ladders
• Basic knowledge of safe work practices and a good safety attitude
• Ability to follow instructions/requirements, complete tasks on time and work independently and in a team.
• Demonstrated ability to read labels and instructions and communicate clearly
• Ability to safely use vehicles, machinery, equipment and tools
• Class 5 Drivers License if operating any vehicle
|Salary||$21.69 - $24.42 hourly|
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by July 13, 2020, please click Apply Now!|