LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 27648
Why you should join us:
Are you excited to help people achieve their learning outcomes? In this temporary role, you will report to the team lead and you will be a visible and key contact for assigned business areas for learning support. You will also have direct responsibility for coordinating learning plans, compliance reporting, and the implementation of learning events.
You will use your expertise to:
- Establish accountabilities and influence a diversity of learning outcomes and programs working with all levels of staff
- Manager clients’ learning goals and objectives in support of learning initiatives that maintain and increase training compliance
- Engage with business area leadership to craft and maintain training matrices for client groups
- Direct ongoing communication to learners and facilitators by providing information and guidance about program materials, processes, travel and logistics
- Prepare workshop and training schedules and organize programs, inventory, and materials for learning events
- Support various Learning Management System (LMS) administration requirements including: registrations; assigning and mapping training; program invoices and budgets; purchase orders; and make recommendations for continued cost management where applicable
- Work closely with program and learning advisors and act as the client representative as needed
- Facilitate Suncor’s New Hire Orientation program as required
- Assist with project-based work
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Two years of work experience in a Human Resources, learning, and/or related coordination environment
- A post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- The ability to be well-organized and flexible with well-developed time management skills to handle a demanding workload and multiple deadlines
- The ability to seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- The drive to ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Facilitation/public speaking experience
- A deep understanding of SAP, SuccessFactors LMS, SharePoint and LiveLink
- Knowledge and understanding of learning development and training
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Base Plant Mine in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
We want you to have a job you’re passionate about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Suncor is a company where you can significantly grow your skills and career and achieve success.
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
For more information, visit Suncor for Learning Coordinator