Administers the supplier e-procurement selection and onboarding process, and provides on-going contract administration. Responsible for identifying and implementing cost-saving opportunities through the application of total cost management and business process improvements with external and internal suppliers.
Representative Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer the supplier e-procurement selection process and initiate contract negotiations.
- Perform supplier enablement testing in e-Procurement system including procurement dispatch.
- Maintain and manage supplier data in supplier network module and portal.
- Facilitate and coordinate supplier onboarding to the e-Procurement system.
- Act as liaison between Supply Chain Management, suppliers, and client departments.
- Update supplier contracts for large supply, equipment, and systems acquisitions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the University's contractual requirements.
- Analyze commodities and engage with suppliers to deliver value for money through streamlining processes, raising service levels and reducing risk while complying with department policies, government regulations, and laws that govern purchasing practices..
- Ensure supporting purchase documentation is in place to address accountability and audit inquiries.
- Collect, analyze, assess, and summarize information relevant to the decision making process and develop recommendations for final approval and implementation.
- Gather and compile information required to develop reports and related materials for dissemination to internal and external stakeholders.
- Write a variety of documents including, but not limited to, reports and correspondence.
- Procure materials, supplies, equipment, and services in the most cost-effective manner for the University.
- Monitor best practice in e-procurement to identify and recommend procedure and system improvements.
- Remain current with Case Law and changes in the contractual environment, which may have an impact on the University business arrangements.
- Interpret contracts and provide advice and guidance to others as required.
- Provide direction to others in how to carry out work tasks.
- Provide orientation and show procedures to others.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Requires 3 years of related experience.
For more information, visit McMaster University for E-PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST