Resident Care Attendant
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Slocan Community Health Centre in New Denver, BC is seeking a relief part time Resident Care Attendant to join their team! The ideal candidate has completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and has a passion for providing resident-centered care.|
The Slocan Community Health Centre (SCH), located in New Denver, is a residential facility attached to the 24/7 Emergency Unit and physicians' offices. Our resident-centred philosophy is designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible. The facility is one storey with six private rooms and 10 semi-private (double occupancy) rooms with stunning views of the mountains and lake.
Our Recreational Program Coordinator is on site 5 days/week as well as a Rehabilitation Assistant on site for walking, balance and strength classes. The Physiotherapist and occupational therapist see residents regularly as needed as well and we have a van on site for outings with the residents.
As the Resident Care Attendant (RCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a residential care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, RCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a permanent part time (0.51 FTE) position, with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts to supplement the part time hours. Shifts are rotating days and evenings 07:30 to 13:00, 16:00 to 21:00.
Interior Health offers a generous Benefits package including Health and Welfare benefits, paid vacation and a comprehensive pension plan.
Typical duties include:
• Assist residents with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with resident mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany residents on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
|Credentials||• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)|
|Education Requirements||• Grade 10 |
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
|How To Apply||https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/new-denver/resident-care-attendant/602/8717128|
|Click for Details|