Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Agilec is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits. Our mission is to help people and organizations develop their potential. The foundation of Agilec is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:|
Person Centered, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Status: Full Time
Location: 50 Andrew St. S, Suite 100, Orillia, ON L3V 7T5
Utilizing a client-centred approach, in this dual role the Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant conducts intake/assessments and provides coaching support to develop and implement individualized action plans. The Employment Coach / Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant will work with candidates, employers, community partners, and/or trainers to develop strategies that remove barriers, resulting in successful outcomes.
• Completed post-secondary education in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent
• Appropriate certifications, certificates, and/or training relevant to the field
• Certification, or eligibility in one of the following: CVRP, RTWDM, RVP, or CCDP
• Two years related experience
• Employment in case management, counselling, and/or assessment roles
• Collaborative work with community partners, employers, and training providers
• Support to people with disabilities or barriers to employment, including individuals referred from WSIB and/or ODSP programs
• Effective interpersonal, communication, comprehension, and active listening skills
• Interview skills ability to adjust communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style
• Solution-focused coaching skills
• Discuss barriers, employment maintenance issues, and provide honest feedback
• Conflict resolution
• Ability to motivate and empower others through coaching and feedback
• Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Motivational Interviewing and change facilitation is an asset, internal training provided
• French language is an asset
• Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
• Understanding of careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search techniques, career planning/counselling, and vocational rehabilitation
• Knowledge of community and government resources available
• Knowledge of local, regional, and provincial labour markets
• Ethical decision-making
Hours and Duration: 40 hours per week during hours of operation. Extended hours of operation are required.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays open until 7:00 p.m. (subject to change)
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Hourly Rate: Employment Coach pay scale applies.
|Start Date||May 1, 2021|
French language is an asset
|How To Apply||Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Ashley Sweeney, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include EC – Your Last Name – Orillia in the subject line of your email.|
Closing Date: April 16, 2021
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.