Director, Applied Research & Innovation
|The Director will lead the coordination of applied research and fee-for-service business opportunities in the Applied Research Department at Confederation College. The Director supports business development efforts such as actively pursuing targeted and strategic funding sources, preparing funding proposals/applications, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external partners and representing the College at various external events. Through the establishment of positive relationships both internally and externally, the Director is responsible for ensuring that applied research endeavors are responsive and relevant to the needs of students, industry and the community in alignment with the College’s Strategic and Business Plans. Duties include but are not limited to:|
• Fosters an environment that promotes innovation through experiential learning as well as applied research opportunities;
• Develops and implements Confederation College's Centre for Research and Innovation (CIR) Strategic Plan;
• Provides guidance and support to applied research endeavors within the CIR and provides oversight of faculty and staff engaged in applied research activities in the CIR to ensure consistency with identified college strategic objectives as well as compliance to all internal policies and external funding agency requirements;
• Develops funding proposals/applications, including all associated documentation required;
• Maintains relationships with external parties and organizations and works closely with the CIR Manager to maintain and enhance research business activities in areas of strategic importance to Confederation College;
• Ensures the effective deployment of the CIR financial resources and the effective maintenance and use of physical resources, allocating appropriately as required; and,
• Leads efforts to provide opportunities for students and faculty to carry out applied research projects and ensures compliance with funder expectations and requirements.
|Start Date||March 2020|
|Salary||$90,376 To $120,501|
|Education Requirements||Master’s Degree with experience in Management, Leadership, Strategic Planning or a related field|
|Experience||• Master’s Degree with experience in Management, Leadership, Strategic Planning or a related field together with:|
o Seven years of progressive experience in leading people, preferably in a post-secondary institution;
o Demonstrated understanding of the value and practice of applied research;
o Excellent track record in research proposal development and grant writing;
o An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered.
• Expertise in industry, retail and government relations - ability to bridge gaps between business, education and government mandates;
• Project Management skills ensuring stakeholder and financial outcomes are achieved;
• Demonstrated human relations, financial and organizational skills; and,
• Excellent research, writing, editing, and communication skills.
|Work Settings||Post secondary institution|
|How To Apply||https://confederationc.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1300|