Ethics Officer; Posting ID 29396
|Faculty/Unit: VP Research - Western Research |
Department: Research Ethics
Employee Group: PMA - Professional and Managerial Association
Salary Grade: 14
Appointment Type: Continuing
Appointment Status: Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week: 35
With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.
Research Western provides strategic and administrative support to foster a culture of research excellence that enhances Western University's profile on the global stage.
The Ethics Officer ensures prompt processing of research protocols and conformity with Western and regulatory guidelines. The role provides guidance and acts as a subject matter expert regarding research ethics processes and requirements, delivering client-oriented services in support of the University's research initiatives and endeavours. The Ethics Officer provides timely and satisfactory solutions to problems and issues arising among investigators, the Research Ethics Boards and funding or regulatory agencies.
|Start Date||April 2023|
|Salary||Professional And Managerial Association - Salary Grade 14|
|Education Requirements||- Bachelor's degree in health sciences-related field |
- Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2) Certificate
- Training or courses in ethics and clinical trial management is preferred
|Essential Skills||- Sound knowledge of the regulations and guidelines governing clinical research and research ethics (i.e., the protection of human research participants), including the Tri-Council Policy Statement, Health Canada regulations, ICH Good Clinical Practice guidelines, USA regulations (FDA and OHRP), and privacy legislation; |
- Sound knowledge of clinical trial conduct preferably with front-line experience as a clinical trials coordinator.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods normally acquired through work towards a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in interpreting regulations and methods, and ability to analyze complex documents
- Ability to handle details with a high degree of accuracy and to organize and prioritize a high volume of work to meet both internal and external deadlines;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with an eye to consistently producing high-quality work and meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Strong customer service orientation to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-faced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change
- Advanced computer skills including spreadsheet design, word processing and database management
- Ability to conduct literature searches; synthesize information and prepare reports
|Experience||3 years related experience in a role supporting research ethics functions and processes|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce current record check(s) (e.g. vulnerable sector, criminal record and police information) from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.