Executive Assistant, Office Of The Vice-President, Human Resources
|Company||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|The Royal Canadian Mint (Mint) is hiring an Executive Assistant who can thrive in a dynamic an inclusive environment. Reporting to the Vice-President, Human Resources, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Division. The ideal candidate will have the experience of managing an extensive range of administrative tasks and will be capable of working independently, with very little supervision. The incumbent must be very organized and capable of handling and resolving the administrative difficulties inherent in supporting a large, diversified team, which is responsible for a large variety of programs.|
The candidate selected must interact with personnel (at all levels) in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. With flexibility, resourcefulness, and a high level of professionalism and discretion, the person selected must be proactive, efficient and attentive to detail. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, and excellent decision-making capabilities. The candidate must also have a results-focused approach and a clear ability to determine priorities in a workflow.
- Performs full secretarial and administrative duties by ensuring that all support activities necessary for the Human Resources Division are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assists the VP by drafting, editing and proofreading correspondence (often of a confidential nature) for Vice-President approval and/or signature.
- Assists the VP in creating, designing, editing reports and presentations for meetings of the executive committee, the Board of directors and other groups as required.
- Screens, re-directs and/or responds to requests from the VP's direct reports, other Mint executives, Board Members and the office of the President & CEO.
- Screens incoming correspondence for the Vice-President's perusal in order of priority. Opens,sorts and distributes paper copy and electronic correspondance .
- Schedules and maintains the Vice-President's working schedule, co-ordinates arrangements for meetings and resolves conflicting priorities.
- Provides assistance to the VP's direct reports as required.
- Acts as a focal point for the receipt of the employees who seek advice/information and ensures that they receive a prompt service.
- Co-ordinates travel and lodging reservations, verifies travel claims for accuracy and completes the VP's expense report.
- Assists in the preparation of VPHR's yearly budget and administers same throughout the year.
- Maintains the Vice-president's operating budget and submits expenditures for approval; reconciles the monthly financial report.
- Ensures that documentation for the HR Committee is submitted/formatted/translated within an appropriate time frame to ensure a timely distribution to the Board Members.
- Assists the Vice-President and direct reports with the coordination of special projects and events. Takes minutes of various committee meetings and follows up on outstanding issues when required.
- College diploma in office administration or the equivalent.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years relevant experience, preferably at the executive level.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English), oral and written.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various software programs (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent administrative abilities, strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, confidential and sensitive environment and work effectively under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Collaborative, open minded and creative in a team-oriented division.
- Adaptability, initiative, sound judgment, tact, and reliability.
- Positive attitude, results oriented, highly motivated and energetic.
- Strong ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
The health and safety of our employees is a top priority. The Mint has developed significant and rigorous safety protocols to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Mint you will collaborate with a diverse group of people and be a part of an iconic Canadian organization. We pay competitive salary and offer a range of benefits that support employees and their families. The Mint supports its employees by focusing on their growth and development. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background check facilitated by the Mint, in order to obtain Secret Clearance status.
The Mint is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and aim to provide an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, selection and onboarding process to ensure that each candidate is treated respectfully. You are welcome to self identify with one of the four employment equity groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities) in your application.
|Languages||English And French|
|How To Apply||If you need accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know; we are committed to being an inclusive employer. |
Ready to mint your career? Please forward your resume to EE@mint.ca by January 20, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application.