|Job Type||Part-time and Full-time|
|Job Category||Service Sector|
|BCAA is Hiring Insurance Professionals Across BC!|
What BCAA offers you:
• It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
• Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
• We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
• We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
• We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
• Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
• Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
• Fully paid training program and education to obtain your Level 1 license
BCAA is hiring Regular Full-Time, Regular Part-Time, and Casual Service Advisors for various locations across British Columbia! As one our Member-facing team members, you will be an insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences through the servicing of BCAA’s products and services, with a focus on Membership and auto insurance products.
You will be a source of positive brand impressions and will build long-lasting relationships with our Members and helps them derive maximum value from their Membership through identifying needs for additional BCAA products and services. You will collaborate with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
Sells and upgrades Membership and auto insurance
• Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance sales; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, sells additional BCAA products and services
• Renews BCAA Memberships and Autoplan and private auto insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, renews additional BCAA products and services
• Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
• Deepens Member relationships through excellence in customer service including informing Members of Member value and opportunities to save
• Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier’s Underwriters
• Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, standard methodologies, and Underwriting guidelines
Generates referrals for cross-selling of BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
• Builds referrals for Senior Insurance Advisors for cross-selling homeowners’ and travel insurance
• Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
Handles Member/customer accounts and concerns
• Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
• Processes Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
• Issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
• Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and handles Member/customer documents
• Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
• Issues new, renew and makes changes to Memberships
• Issues new and renewal Autoplan and private auto insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements, plates and transfers; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
• Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
• Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, standard methodologies, policies and systems
• Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
• Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitors’ product offerings
• Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
• Greeting and administrative duties, when co-workers are absent
• Completion of Grade 12
• 2 years’ experience in a sales and service environment
• Level 1 insurance license (or willing to obtain within 3 months of employment)
• Sales productivity and customer service skills
• Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize activities
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work within a dynamic team environment and maintain a high level of integrity
• Strong judgment and decision-making abilities. Able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
• Demonstrated critical thinking abilities. Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
• Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• CAIB certification
• Completion of Autoplan Essentials
• Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
• Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
• Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
|How To Apply||Email: Talent.Acquisition@bcaa.com|