GIS Team Lead
|Company||Ministry Of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations And Rural Development|
|Location||Prince George, Kamloops, Vernon, Chilliwack, Or Victoria,|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development |
This position may be performed from Prince George, Kamloops, Vernon, Chilliwack, or Victoria, but other BC Timber Sales locations may be negotiable based on operational requirements.
GIS Team Lead
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 percent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The Geospatial Team Lead manages a team of technical staff in the planning and delivery of regional and corporate land information projects. This role provides direction and oversight for complex information products including data summaries, thematic maps, and content for presentations and reports supporting key provincial and BCTS business objectives. The Geospatial Team Lead also provides technical assistance, advice and training to ministry staff, project teams, government agencies, forest industry and First Nations. The role requires coordination of staff, workload, and services across geographically dispersed Timber Sales Offices with a focus on harmonizing business processes across business areas. The geography presents logistical challenges in terms of workload management, resource allocation and remote supervision challenges.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor's degree or Diploma in a relevant resource management field such as forestry, environmental science, geography or Geomatics, or other relevant subject plus considerable (minimum 3 years) progressively more related responsible experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
• Considerable experience (5+ years) using spatial and numerical analysis tools (specifically ESRI, ArcGIS, and Relational Database Management Systems).
• Managing multi-disciplinary projects using scientific research approaches including analysis, report writing, and presentation.
• Working on complex land and resource management issues.
• Supervising staff and administering contracts.
|Salary||$72,7224.97 - $83,014.85 annually|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information, and to apply online by December 15, 2021|