PEOPLESOFT AND DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
As part of University Technology Services (UTS) with a mission to provide an exceptional customer service and a high level of IT support to McMaster community. Our goal is to ensure transparency, innovation and accountability in the service provision and support. We stand by and value integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, and cooperation.
University Technology Services seeks a very experienced and highly skilled individual to work in our PeopleSoft Administration / Database Administration unit reporting to the Senior Manager of IT, Database & PeopleSoft Platforms, as an expert PeopleSoft Administrator Oracle DBA. The successful candidate would be required to work with a team of specialists to support, maintain, automate, and initiate process improvement, efficiency, and change. The primary focus initially will be on the PeopleSoft Administration of our full suite of solutions. This would require expert level knowledge of front end and batch processing servers, Linux, integration broker, database connectivity and lifecycle maintenance and management to name a few.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
The purpose of this job is to manage the on-going support of the various PeopleSoft modules and environments as required and ensure the proper function of the entire PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA).
• COMMUNICATING: Clearly, frequently and consistently exchanges the organizational knowledge, plans and decisions which are necessary for meaningful participation and optimal work by team members; listens actively – with insight and respect – to others’ perspectives, and perceives and reacts sensitively to others’ non-verbal cues; builds relationships and attracts support; gives recognition to groups and individuals who contribute to the University’s achievement.
• DEVELOPING PEOPLE: Advocates and enables continuous learning opportunities for all employees; encourages employee involvement in decision making as an integral part of the developmental process; active in self-development.
• LEADING: Known for achievement; recognizes achievement requires the leading others, and therefore; recruits the right people; engages them in the vision of McMaster; solves problems that arise; evaluates progress towards goals and objectives; negotiates resolutions to conflicts; protects/heals the organization during times of change; integrates stakeholders to achieve synergies.
• EMBRACING CHANGE: Exhibits a passion for building a creative, innovative, and excellent university. Works effectively with ambiguity and complex issues while searching for innovations and improvements to make tomorrow’s workplace better than todays.
• OPTIMIZING SERVICE RELATIONSHIPS: Identifies, builds and manages relationships which are service-oriented, student-centered, and will systematically create positive current and future benefits for the University.
JOB TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
1. ITIL Standards; Thorough understanding of ITIL standards as they relate to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and other core ITIL processes.
• Create, install and maintain directly, and in concert with the team, PeopleSoft/Oracle test, development and production environments.
• Adhere to established strategies for System Administration and Production Support activities such as quality control, backups, disaster recovery, security, identity management, patch implementation and upgrades while fostering continuous improvement. This will entail knowledge of Grid Control, OEM and RMAN procedures.
• System performance and monitoring activities (stats, logs, archiving, performance, disk space) through Grid Control and other appropriate processes.
• Work with Systems Integrators, developers, other DBA team members and systems/storage teams to ensure optimal performance of the various environments.
• Maintaining system documentation (code/customizations, change control)
• Maintaining application/data interfaces
• Establish project framework and identify project milestones to ensure the project is completed according to project specifications and within specified timelines.
• Perform advanced levels of analysis and problem solving to formulate solutions to complex database problems.
• Provide technical assistance to developers, other DBA team member’s, operational staff and when appropriate, those in the user community.
• Establish and maintain a level of Knowledge transfer of PeopleSoft technical skills to other DBA team members
For more information, visit McMaster University for PEOPLESOFT AND DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR