In this role, you will join a team that has set ambitious goals for McMaster University Continuing Education . McMaster’s highly-regarded Continuing Education Department provides high-calibre, for-credit and professional education for individuals and corporate clients, offering over 300 courses and professional development workshops and serving over 4000 students per year.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning and maintaining the efficient operation of a program within a unit or a department. Implements and manages program activities, and assists with marketing and evaluation. Responsible for the overall quality of program services and responds to evaluation data to make ongoing program improvements. Manages the program budget and forecasting of projected resource needs. Collaborates with internal and external partners and manages a variety of relationships.
Purpose and Key Functions:
• Collaborate with the educational development team including instructional designers for revisions to existing courses. The level of involvement will vary by project, but may require recruitment of subject matter experts.
• Assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing plan activities including advertising, relationships with professional associations, prospect development, retention plans, and cross selling with other programs.
• Coordinate the delivery of programs and its related courses including scheduling, selecting delivery formats, ordering texts and materials, and liaising with instructors.
• Coordinate the financial aspects of programs including budgets, setting fees, establishing enrolment and financial forecasts, ensuring maximum productivity, and meeting profitability objectives.
• Identify and analyze quality issues with courses and programs and prepare recommendations for review by the instructional design team.
• Review and evaluate academic records to ensure students are eligible to graduate from programs.
• Act as a resource for instructors when dealing with various issues such as special accommodations, grades, policy issues.
• Promote programs to prospective students through leading program preview webinars, attending relevant trade shows and conferences.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with various internal groups such as, but not limited to, instructional designers, instructors, other McMaster partners.
• Exercise appropriate controls, monitor and reconcile financial accounts to ensure that programs are meeting set financial goals.
• Responsible for the quality and quantity of work of others.
• Provides functional guidance to others on an ongoing basis.
Relevant work experience includes: adult education, training and development, business administration, project management, financial and budget planning. A degree in a relevant field is an asset, as is experience in an academic setting.
Success in this position requires exceptional analytical skills, judgement, critical thinking and effective decision making. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of exemplary attention to detail. Adept at planning, prioritizing, and effectively managing projects, the candidate consistently delivers high quality projects within established deadlines. Superior written and spoken communication skills are required to develop relationships with key industry stakeholders. He or she is passionate about education, and are a strong performer who excels at delivering results. For the candidate of choice, this is a singular opportunity to support workforce and professional development, both locally and nationally, and solidify McMaster as the top choice for employers and individuals seeking to improve their skills and performance.
For more information, visit McMaster University for PROGRAM COORDINATOR