About Toronto Metropolitan
At the intersection of mind and action, Toronto Metropolitan University is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
In April 2022, the university announced our new name of Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.
The Lincoln Alexander School of Law is a different kind of law school designed to create a different kind of lawyer - one who is equipped with the contemporary skills and legal experience required to expand the reach of justice and respond to the evolving challenges in our society. We seek to become a model for legal education that drives the legal profession to become more accessible, equitable, and technologically advanced.
We are searching for strategic leader to join our #bold team at Toronto Metropolitan University!
The Director, Admissions and Student Recruitment provides strategic vision and planning, people management, policy development, budget/fiscal responsibility, leadership, and oversight of all recruitment and admission functions for the Juris Doctor (JD) and future programs. This position collaborates with key University stakeholders and Faculty leadership to develop and implement annual and long term plans that support the realization of the Faculty’s and the University’s strategic enrollment goals and tuition revenue expectations. The Director represents TMU’s Faculty of Law and is responsible for bolstering the law school's reputation nationally and internationally. Establishes outreach strategies to improve and broaden recruiting pipelines.
Here are some initiatives you would be leading:
- Strategic recruitment planning and execution
- Strategic admissions planning and execution
- Supervision, Mentorship and Development of Staff
- Collaboration and Public Relations
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline; JD/LLB or equivalent or Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of 6 - 8 years of progressively responsible experience in a post-secondary admission/recruitment or equivalent environment is required, preferably professional school experience;
- Demonstrated experience in developing outreach plans and successful implementation strategies is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading staff, preferably in a unionized environment. Understanding of law school and university environments is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and data visualization is an asset.
- Data analysis and data visualization skills;
- Ability to develop and implement customized programs (e.g. for student recruitment and admissions, file reviews, etc.);
- Ability to research and present statistical and analytical reports and develop promotional materials;
|Position Number(s) || 20003694 |
|Reports To || Assistant Dean, Student Programming, Development and Equity |
|Vacancy Type || TERM |
|Employee Group || MAC |
|Work Location ||Hybrid |
|Start Date || December 5, 2022 |
|End Date || 1 year from start date |
|Hours of Work || 36.25 |
|Grade and Step || D62 |
|Salary Scale ||$103,100 - $164,692 (Hiring range $103,100 - $133,896) |
|HR Advisor ||Claudiu |
|Application Close Date || September 30, 2022 |
- Qualified MAC candidates will be considered before members of other employee groups.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet all of the posted qualifications may, upon the University’s sole discretion, be considered to fill a vacancy on an underfill basis.
- We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications.
- As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
- Applications will only be accepted online through Toronto Metropolitan University's career site.
- Toronto Metropolitan University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
- We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Toronto Metropolitan University community. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
For more information, visit Toronto Metropolitan University for Director, Admissions & Student Recruitment