I&IT Senior Policy And Strategy Lead
|Company||Ministry Of Government And Consumer Services|
|Job Category||Public Administration|
|If you have the strategic planning, stakeholder management and analytical skills needed to help develop and implement the next enterprise I&IT strategy for the Ontario Public Service (OPS), we have an exciting opportunity for you at the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.|
The Enterprise Technology Strategy Division is currently working with all parts of the Government Information Technology Ontario (GovTechON) organization and ministry partners on a four-year I&IT strategy, based on enterprise-wide business priorities, which will set a clear direction for how the government makes future I&IT investment and prioritization decisions. The strategy will be a bold, actionable framework for how we will accelerate digital transformation across government, enabling ministries to leverage leading technologies and practices to deliver the improved citizen, business and employee experiences envisioned by the Ontario Digital and Digital Strategy, and advance Ontario's position as a global digital leader.
We need an adaptable, highly knowledgeable, well-rounded leader with expertise in I&IT, strategy development, policy, stakeholder engagement, and change management to help drive transformation across government. Our ideal candidate is also a dynamic communicator and a resourceful team player who is passionate about doing impactful and challenging work that will make a real difference in the lives of Ontarians.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership, expert analysis and strategic advice to support effective strategy development, strategic planning, program delivery, and policy development, in alignment with over-arching government strategic objectives and priorities.
- Plan, coordinate and consult with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including IT, policy, operations, corporate services, communications, legal, program delivery and business teams across the OPS, on the planning, developing and implementing of strategic initiatives for I&IT.
- Ensure product quality, timelines and effectiveness to facilitate sound, informed decision-making and high levels of trust and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage urgent, complex, and contentious issues related to strategy, planning, and policy, and lead strategic communications planning and product development.
- Conduct or oversee a variety of significant, complex or confidential assignments and projects, and manage urgent, high-priority issues, ensuring effective linkages and integration across the organization when formulating and implementing solutions.
How do I qualify?
Strategy Development, Strategic Planning & Policy Development
- You have expertise in policy and strategy development principles, practices and techniques, to design, plan and lead corporate/enterprise strategy and policy development projects.
- You understand I&IT trends, challenges, opportunities and broader strategic directions and their implications on the government's agenda, policies, priorities and programs.
- You can provide strategic advice, expertise, and technical support to senior management on a broad range of contentious issues and related organization impacts, and develop strategies and recommendations to support decision-making.
- You have sound knowledge of, and the ability to navigate, the policy, financial, and legislative decision-making structures and processes of government, and experience resolving complex policy or program issues.
- You can set priorities and recognize the importance of issues to determine policy or operational implications and take appropriate action.
Stakeholder Management & Communications
- You can plan and lead cross-ministry, multi-stakeholder engagements, provide leadership and influence agreements to resolve key stakeholder issues, while ensuring best interests are served.
- You have strong facilitation, presentation and persuasion skills to present and recommend policy and strategy initiatives and proposals to senior management and partners, to influence decision-making and gain approval.
- You can build consensus and foster collaborative partnerships with multi-disciplinary teams, demonstrating tact and diplomacy in how you represent the division.
- You can proactively and strategically develop and maintain strong partnerships with OPS, inter-jurisdictional and external colleagues to share best practices and identify issues.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and are highly skilled at managing strategic initiatives and strategic communications content deliverables.
- You are able to tell stories visually, with photos, illustrations, animations, or video, for the target audience.
- You ensure strategic priorities and key messages are reflected in communications and briefing content.
- You can prepare and present a wide range of complex material, including information notes, briefing decks, reports, policy papers and correspondence.
Leadership & Program/Project Management
- You have leadership skills to effectively lead and coordinate multiple files within the team, while providing guidance to other team members.
- You have strong project management skills to achieve objectives within tight timelines with competing priorities.
- You can synthesize complex issues and provide integrated advice to senior executives.
- You exercise discretion and ensure confidentiality, and can anticipate, identify, analyze and evaluate the issues to recommend appropriate and timely resolutions and actions related to urgent matters.
- You know techniques for managing issues and risks, and can use political acuity to ensure effective re-escalation and resolution of potentially critical and sensitive issues.
- You can mentor and provide peer support to encourage the meaningful participation and contribution of more junior members of the strategy team.
Research, Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- You have knowledge of planning and research techniques, including the ability to: conduct environmental and jurisdictional scans and surveys; analyze and evaluate research and data from various sources; apply visualization techniques to large datasets; produce meaningful presentations and reports; develop options and recommendations to address issues, and present and future opportunities.
- You can identify and assess the organizational, technological and fiscal impacts that initiatives have on business transformation/modernization initiatives.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $80,595 - $117,142 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
|Salary||$80,595 - $117,142 Per Year|
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 182972, by Thursday, July 7, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.