Administration And Finance Assistant
|Company||Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario (ISWO)|
|Job Category||Sports and Recreation|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|ISWO is the designated Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sport Body (P/TASB) for the province of Ontario, funded through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport and Sport Canada. ISWO serves all Indigenous Peoples and communities across Ontario, including First Nations, Inuit and Métis, living on and off-reserve, in rural and urban settings, encompassing more than 350,000 Indigenous Peoples in the province.|
ISWO promotes and creates opportunities for participation in sport and cultural activities that promote wellness and positive lifestyles for Indigenous Peoples across Ontario. ISWO is recognized by the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) and the North American Indigenous Games Council, and is the designated sport body for the development, selection and management of Team Ontario, for participation at the National Aboriginal Hockey Championships and North American Indigenous Games.
ISWO is seeking an Administration and Finance Assistant who will support ISWO management in operating ISWO’s finance function and assist with office administration duties. They will ensure proper and robust financial records are kept, and assist with regular and timely financial reporting to management and the Board. In addition, the administrative and finance assistant will help ensure that staff work in a quality, safe, and fit for purpose office environment by coordinating appropriate purchasing and facility management. The role requires a confident individual with plenty of experience in bookkeeping and use of finance systems, as well as general office procedures. The role would suit a delivery-focused self-starter, who is comfortable taking ownership over processes. Being a relatively small organisation with a provincial reach, and a challenging ambition, this is the right environment for someone who takes a flexible approach and who can adapt to arising issues while respecting regional differences. An ability to deal with many, sometimes competing, tasks will round off the profile.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Manager, Events & Operations in the management of all aspects of the ISWO head office’s operations including, but not limited to: supply management, maintaining and updating ASWCO’s general business and comprehensive liability insurance, office and facility maintenance and repairs (utilities, cleaning, etc.), sourcing and securing ISWO’s technology requirements, supervising the off-site storage spaces, and general office duties.
• Providing general bookkeeping assistance and assist in managing ISWO’s accounts payable in collaboration and consultation with the Manager, Events & Operations and Accountant.
• Track and monitor expenses in real-time.
• Assist the Program and Operations Specialist with the management of student positions (internship and paid), including (but not limited to) applications, staff onboarding, payroll and reporting.
• Provide support to ISWO’s management in the preparation and completion of ISWO’s interim and final reports to funders.
• Assist in the creation, identification, application, coordination and management processes of the Council’s grants, sponsorship and revenue generation strategies.
• Assisting the Director of Engagement, Policy and Operations on the management of the overall operations and budget for the Council’s Youth Leadership Program.
• Assisting the Director of Engagement, Policy and Operations in the creation of an online human resources system for the organization.
• Liaising with ISWO’s head office landlord and the landlord(s) of the ISWO’s storage spaces.
• Assist in the management of existing employment benefit plans.
• Review and seek approval of all staff and board expenses.
• Support the ISWO’s Finance and Budget Committee.
• Assist the Manager, Events & Office Operations with travel arrangements required for all staff and board.
• Assist in the preparation and finalization of ISWO’s audited annual financial statements.
• Responsibility for the safe and orderly management of ISWO’s financial and business records.
• Support the management of the Google Suite Drive, ensuring folders are kept up to date and organized, in collaboration with functional areas and teams.
• Prepare paperwork and order material, such as office supplies, research new deals and suppliers.
• Provide support as directed to ISWO’s management and staff with all events.
• Other duties as required.
• Has a background as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role and work experience in administration and Human Resources.
• A minimum of 2 years related education and/or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with references and/or a combination of both.
• Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
• Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
• Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks).
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a multi-faceted environment.
• Excellent interpersonal/networking skills and issues management/problem solving skills.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• A service-oriented, positive, and resourceful personality.
• A proven track record of working independently but also able to work as part of a team.
|Start Date||November 23, 2020|
|Work Settings||Part-Time, 6-Month Contract, with an Opportunity for Renewal based on Performance and Funding Commitments|
|How To Apply||A resume with a cover letter is to be submitted by October 30, 2020. Please submit your application to: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (with ‘Administrative and Finance Assistant’ in the subject of the email) or by mail to 1090 Aerowood Drive, Mississauga, Unit #1A, Ontario, L4W 1Y5.|
Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario (ISWO) is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Métis and Inuit).