Analyst, Real Estate Development
|ABOUT US |
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as of March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montreal and offices in New York, London, and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We're looking for an Analyst, Real Estate Development to join our Montreal Real Estate Investments team.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Analyst, Real Estate Development, you'll be involved in key global real estate partnerships with a development focus. As such, you'll:
- Support the development advisor and other members of the team in leveraging/coordinating external consultants, collating information, and enabling Q&A with our General Partners during the acquisition and due diligence phases of a development project.
- Support the development advisor in coordinating resources relevant to a range of typical workstreams of development projects, in collaboration with our local General Partners.
- Manage portfolio level and project database. Coordinate the monitoring and site visits of projects.
- Provide assistance to the development advisor in the oversight, review of the procurement process for design and construction services on development projects performed by our General Partners.
- Support the development advisor in Change Order reviews and processing documentation for ongoing development projects.
- Provide assistance to the development advisor and other Real Estate Investment team members with the ESG assessment of development projects and implementation of various measures.
- Provide support to the development advisor with information/document management and administrative tasks related to the governance and oversight development projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Building Sciences, Architecture, Real Estate Project Management, or any other relevant field
- MBA, an asset
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in real estate development, urban planning, design, construction management or project management
- Experience with MS Office (especially with Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new IT software
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- High familiarity with procurement and design process, project management fundamentals, construction fundamentals and understanding of typical risks to projects.
- Interest for the real estate investments and knowledge of construction contracting is an asset
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- Bilingualism (French and English)
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
- Competitive pension plans
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Generous and inclusive paid family leave
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Investment in career development
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn
Vaccination: We are committed to a healthy and safe work environment. As a Canadian Crown Corporation with offices around the world, we adhere to Canadian and local government guidelines regarding COVID-19. Vaccination is not currently a mandatory employment criteria. However, this is subject to change, depending on Canadian and local government guidelines.
|Languages||- Bilingualism (French And English)|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.