|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|About the Opportunity|
Our thriving Surrey office is looking to hire a Transportation Engineer to enhance our current professional practice. Our teams work closely with our clients to solve complex, multi-stakeholder transportation issues through the delivery of high-quality concept development, functional engineering, detailed design, and delivery of transportation infrastructure. Our work includes all types of transportation infrastructure to support the movement of people and goods, including highways, urban roads, and active transportation corridors. We are known for our ability to solve complex technical challenges, for clear communication, and for the ability to integrate all modes of transportation in response to local needs. We have extensive in-house capabilities to take transportation projects through the various planning, design, and implementation phases.
Continuing demand for innovative solutions in transportation design and engineering has prompted our search for a talented and motivated individual. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support and lead a variety of projects for clients throughout Western Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead preliminary and detailed transportation engineering design assignments;
- Support, coordinate, and expedite activities of a transportation design team to achieve project objectives;
- Contribute to the production of engineering designs, including highways, urban streets, and active transportation connections;
- Prepare detailed engineering designs, cost estimates, risk registers, plans, reports, construction schedules, and supporting documentation;
- Coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary design teams through the development of concepts, detailed designs, and preparation of tender documents and contracts;
- Contribute technical leadership to the design and delivery of transportation infrastructure within our Transportation Design practice, focusing on projects across Western Canada;
- Collaborate with senior practitioners to deliver unique assignments to clients who require specialized, integrated planning and technical design expertise;
- Guide and mentor junior engineers and designers;
- Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, and budgets; and
- Strengthen on our relationships with local, regional, and provincial government agencies by providing exceptional, technically sound service that provides deliverables unique to each assignment, tailored to suit the specific needs of each client and stakeholder.
Given the variety of project needs, we will consider candidates who have at least 5 years of experience and are registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Western Canada with a range of experience, education, and backgrounds in transportation. Typical qualifications would include an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering, with prior experience designing, coordinating, and delivering transportation infrastructure via traditional Design-Bid-Build or Design-Build arrangements.
|Additional Skills||In addition, the following attributes would be considered of great benefit to this role:|
- Experience in highway and/or urban road design and project delivery for the BC Ministry of Transportation or with a Design-Build contractor;
- Hands-on experience developing geometric designs for highways, urban roads, or active transportation facilities;
- Experience using Autodesk Civil 3D to develop transportation designs and familiar with drawing production in an AutoCAD environment, to the extent that input, guidance, and support of junior staff would be possible;
- Proficient working on large, multi-disciplinary transportation infrastructure projects and using engineering project collaboration software (ex. Bentley ProjectWise);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, distill, document, effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences;
- The preference of a fast-paced, self-directed work environment where initiative is encouraged, and the continual delivery of consistent, high-quality work is expected;
- Experience working with and managing sub-consultants;
- A practical and collaborative approach to problem-solving, with a keen eye for detail;
- The ability to listen to others to develop and nurture positive interpersonal relationships with people from varying backgrounds, including colleagues and clients;
- Experience working in a consulting environment, including a demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments in a dynamic environment; and
- Interest in working within an integrated planning and transportation engineering practice, providing strategic advice and delivering one-of-kind services to our clients.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn't describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, November 28th at 9:00 am PST