Assistant Regional Manager
|Company||Ministry Of Health|
|Ministry of Health|
Assistant Regional Manager
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
The Vital Statistics Agency is responsible through legislation for the following registries: births, deaths, stillbirths, marriages, change of name, adoptions, and wills. Other services include: issuing marriage licences, disposition permits and certificates; appointing marriage licence issuers, marriage commissioners, district registrars, and the registration of religious representatives.
The Assistant Regional Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and monitoring of the delivery of services in an assigned region of the Province. This position functions as a contact for many stakeholders, such as the general public, MLAs, MPs, the legal community, post-secondary education institutions, other agencies and health care providers. This position supervises a very large group of service providers, responds to complex service requests, assists with recruitment and orientation of service providers, ensures financial security, and ensures accurate service provision and resources for appointed service providers.
The incumbent must be conversant with all Acts administered by the Agency, including the Vital Statistics Act, the Marriage Act, the Wills Act, and the Name Act. Knowledge of the Acts and policy must be extensive to answer the varied questions from staff, outside service providers and customers. This position requires the ability to accurately interpret related legislation and defend the Agency’s position as it relates to legislation and associated policy statements.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in public or business administration, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years *recent and progressive related experience; OR
• Diploma in public or business administration, or a related field and a minimum of 4 years *recent and progressive related experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience may be considered.
• Two (2) or more years recent experience supervising a group of subordinate positions within a workplace environment that includes allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training.
* Recent and progressive related experience must include all of the following:
• Experience in the use and application of policy and interpretation of legislation.
• Experience using and maintaining MS Excel and MS Word applications for reporting and correspondence purposes.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by May 21, 2021, please click Apply Now!|