Professor - Nursing & Health Care Programs - Collaborative & Practical Nursing - AC-F-20-01
|Job Details||View attachment|
|• Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the College’s Nursing and Healthcare programs (Collaborative BScN and Practical Nursing);|
• Design/develop and deliver courses, labs and clinical placements related to nursing;
• Engage students in the classroom, distance learning, lab and clinical environment, ensuring learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
• Utilize alternate delivery methods such as video conferencing;
• Coordinating and/or strategic planning responsibilities;
• Provide an environment that makes effective use of available resources based on the cooperative learning theory while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning styles;
• Evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of evaluative tools;
• Actively contribute to and care about our student success;
• Participate in learning resources selection;
• Participate in and contribute to special events, consultative committees and program and course curriculum design and revision;
• Assist, advise, coach and mentor students with course choices, career possibilities and opportunities to continue their education at the advanced degree level;
• Prepare and participate in program accreditation;
• Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work; and
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
|Start Date||August 2020|
|Salary||As Per Collective Agreement|
|Education Requirements||Candidates Must Possess the Following:|
• At least one graduate degree in Nursing (Masters or higher) with completed research Doctoral degree (or in the process of completing a Doctoral program; candidates with a Master’s degree in Nursing willing to pursue a Doctoral degree may be considered);
• Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
The preferred candidate will have:
• A completed Doctoral degree (or are in the process of completing a Doctoral program);
• Teaching or training experience, in both stand-up delivery and distributed learning, at the college, university or corporate level
|Experience||Candidates Must Possess the Following:|
• A minimum of seven years of recent progressively responsible nursing experience in general nursing and specialty areas such as Medical, Surgical, Mental Health/Concurrent Disorders, Adult/Older Adult, and Community/Population Health;
• Significant demonstrated knowledge and experience working with Indigenous people and communities, with a focus on those in the college's catchment area; and
• A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
• Experience in a leadership/management role;
• The ability to maintain and develop community, industry and government contacts;
• A current professional affiliation;
• Proven ability to excel in a team environment and a demonstrated commitment to life-long learning; and
• Curriculum and program development experience is desirable, including innovative classroom presentation techniques.
|Work Settings||Post Secondary Setting|
|Additional Skills||Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an asset:|
• Alternate delivery strategies, student success strategies, academic advising, adult learning theories, culturally competent teaching strategies, and educational applications of computer technologies; and
• Preparing for and participating in program accreditation.
|Other||The successful applicant will be required to submit a criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening prior to commencement of employment.|
In keeping with our strategic plan commitment to fostering Access and Success, Community Prosperity and Institutional Excellence, we encourage applications from persons of Indigenous ancestry.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|