At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Program Manager- Wireless
The role of the program manager reports into the HQ Project Management Office (PMO) Access Network & Operations. In this role, the PMO team works closely with key functional areas of the business (Access Network, IT, Marketing, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Customer Care, R4B, Network Development, etc.) to oversee the impacts, interdependencies and timelines between functional teams and working to ensure project initiatives meet the goals and objectives set forth by the senior and executive leadership teams. This group is responsible for delivering the overall Access Network capital plans on time and within budget.
The position is both technical and managerially demanding and requires a balance of project management technical skills, highly developed analytical skills, proven managerial skills, and team development / relationship skills. You will lead individual work streams as assigned by your manager.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams charged with implementing project objectives in addition to meeting project deadlines.
- Define project goal and objectives and develop the project management plan
- Responsible for the management of monthly CAPEX spend versus planned cost including all accrued costs
- Establish project plan baselines including scope, schedule + sequencing and dependency analysis
- Develop resource plans for all independent projects and manage budgets related to the capitalized cost of capital
- Drive project execution, governance, monitor and track all project milestones and activities required by the business including the closure of all individual projects in Oracle
- Champion of the risk planning process and ensure weekly and monthly predictability KPIs by internal and external teams / organizations
- Baseline and monthly forecasting of materials per project and adherence to inventory and working capital KPIs
- Adherence to the change management process in terms of scope, budget, and time plan
- Ensure the quality of all deliverables with regards to all KPIs relevant to internal and external teams / organizations
- Actively manage and drive subcontractors and supporting the Procurement organization with regards to the subcontractor balance scorecard
- Evaluate opportunities for synergies and innovation using thorough data analysis and understanding of key cost / revenue drivers, technology, assumptions, and scenarios.
- Drive the overall integrated project plan and provide regular and routine updates to leadership, including progress, risks, and resolutions (this includes presenting to the senior leadership team from time to time as required).
- Identify business / functional gaps, defining / re-engineering processes, technical solutions and developing recommendations to senior management prior to implementing plans in coordination with the business owners.
- Actively assess and manage risks, issues and clearly communicate escalations as and when required. Ensure all risks, issues and escalations are brought to resolution in a timely and mutually agreeable manner.
- Produce and distribute meeting agendas, presentations, thorough meeting notes and follow up on action items to resolution.
- Identify and mitigate conflicts across functional areas and teams.
- “See it, Own it, Solve it” mentality and the ability to incrementally improve inefficient processes and ways of working
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Five or more years of wireless industry experience with at least 2 of those as project manager.
Nice to Have:
- Advanced degree and / or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience in Accounting / Finance, Network, IT, Agile, Product Development, Strategic Planning or Marketing
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across various organizations and the ability to influence / manage to drive results
- Experience with development and delivery of executive communication including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of key business drivers, processes, and systems
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver results by business-critical deadlines
- Strong leadership abilities and documented management success record
- Proficiency in engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders. Comfortable with collaborating with all levels in the organization, including VP and SVP
- Oracle knowledge
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Engineering
Requisition ID: 271972
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
For more information, visit Rogers for Program Manager