|Closing Date ||2022-06-30 |
|Reference Number ||22-968-09-033 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$95,350- $116,060 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual non-Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
The Head, Security of Accommodations is responsible for managing programs in support of the protection of all CSIS assets, more specifically, the physical safeguard of Service facilities and information.
- Manage the activities of the Section by developing annual plans, formulating objectives and overseeing their execution, primarily through delegation of assignments and special projects to subordinates / contractors.
- Supervise employees by establishing priorities, recommending training, approving leave and evaluating work performance.
- Provide guidance, leadership and implement new programs involved with the safeguarding of classified and sensitive information and materials, as derived from Treasury Board's Policy on Government Security.
- Coordinate the activities surrounding Threat and Risk Assessment (TRA) and Security Administrative Review (SAR) programs for all CSIS facilities.
- Provide recommendations as policy center role on accommodation projects and renovations for all CSIS offices by providing definitions of security requirements, design reviews, construction inspections, commissioning, certification and ensuring they comply with the Policy on Government Security.
- Lead the Facilities Security Clearance (FSC) program by ensuring that the inspection of the premises for the contractor's are inspected and that the security policies and recommendations are implemented and adhered to.
- Liaise with government agencies, both domestic and foreign, representing the Service in the exchange of information, techniques and/or analysis and develop and maintain industry contacts in various physical security related areas.
- Undergraduate degree* and five (5) years of related experience**
- College diploma* and seven (7) years of related experience**
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
** The key knowledge and skills required for the position are in relation to Physical Security.
- Experience in provide recommendations as policy centre role on complex accommodation projects and renovations by providing definitions of security requirements, design reviews, construction inspections, commissioning, certification and ensuring they comply with the Policy on Government Security.
- Experience in creating Asset Security Threat Risk Assessment
- Infrastructure Security: Design, review and assessments
Candidate must also possess:
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant GOC publications or standards such as CSE ITSG-11, RCMP G1-004, G1-005, G1-009 or G1-026.
- Three (3) years of recent*** Experience with the management of complex files pertaining to Physical Security.
- Three (3) years of recent*** Experience participating in the development and implementation of tactical and strategic planning activities in a highly secured environment for one or a combination of the following: Facility/real property management, Security, Threat Risk Assessment, Security Management.
- Experience in providing technical advice and recommendations (orally and in writing) to senior managers (DG and above) as it pertains to a subject matter relevant to the role. Experience in providing technical advice and recommendations (orally and in writing) to senior managers (DG and above) as it pertains to a subject matter relevant to the role.
- Knowledge in planning, controlling and monitoring financial budgets and forecasts
- Three (2) years of recent*** experience in the formal supervision of human resources.
Recent***: Defined as experience acquired within the last seven (7) years.
Formal supervision entails the day-to-day planning, organizing, directing, controlling and performance of the work of others (team) in achieving / attaining results within an organization. These skills may have been acquired through work experiences within the Service or outside.
- Developing strategies to support activities within the organisation and helping the team understand the goals / objectives.
- Encouraging participation, developing talent, setting objectives and providing performance feedback to employee
- Identifying issues and resolving workplace problems such as absenteeism, conflict.
- Scheduling work hours
- Project management experience
- Experience with the management of complex files pertaining to Real Property and/or Accreditations.
- Recent*** experience managing budgets and forecasts
- Relevant industry certification in good standing (ASIS CPP, ASIS APP, ASIS PSP)
- Recent***: Defined as experience acquired within the last seven (7) years.
- Achieve Results
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Create vision and strategy
- Uphold Integrity and Respect
- Mobilize people
- Promote Innovation and guide change
Conditions of Employment
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Head, Security of Accomodations