|Closing Date ||2021-12-22 |
|Reference Number ||21-968-07-215 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$73,970 - $89,970 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
The Project Support Officer provides ongoing technical and administrative support to the operations of the ITSS PMO and ITSS TMO:
- Assist the PMO or TMO with the planning, tracking and ongoing reporting of branch programs and projects.
- Respond to requests for management reports by collecting, analyzing, and compiling information from Project Management support system and databases in order to produce various management reports, presentations, briefing notes, statistics, and memos for review by management.
- Manage and run monthly Timesheet Audit report and follow up with Resource Managers and Project Managers
- Facilitate, prepare documentation to support Resource Managers/Project Managers meetings.
- Prepare project management business intelligence reports from Project Management support system and databases.
- Liaise with Project Management support system users and clients, partners, technical support teams, and external vendors to resolve technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Act as a point of contact by providing assistance, advices, and consulting services to project managers, resources managers, and other users related to the use of Project Management support system, resource permissions/profiles, timesheets and project management SharePoint sites.
- Assist project managers by maintaining project sites, scheduling tasks, monitoring progress, advising personnel to ensure the requirements and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate various project review/planning meetings. This task includes preparing the agenda, gathering presentation material, producing and publishing meeting minutes.
- Prepare and revise corporate documents and reports by keeping abreast of evolving branch programs and initiatives, analyzing client needs and compiling statistics.
- Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of experience *
- College diploma and four (4) years of experience *
- High-school and five (5) years of experience *
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
*Experience preparing/drafting a wide variety of documents such as proposals, reports, assessments, presentations and briefing materials.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience with planning, tracking and reporting of projects or initiatives.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations to management.
- Experience coordinating and monitoring projects.
- Experience providing technical support.
- Experience with providing IT technical and administrative support experience.
- Experience working with a project team or technical team.
- Experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server, ServiceNow, Business Intelligent tools, and Cognos database.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational/ Multitasking
Conditions of Employment
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
- Overtime may be required
- High pace environment
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Project Support Officer