|Closing Date ||2022-03-31 |
|Reference Number ||21-968-05-190 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Montreal, Quebec |
|Salary Range ||$57,960 to $70,500 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
The incumbent is accountable for providing a range of administrative support services to management.
- Assist the unit Head/DG by examining, analyzing, coordinating, prioritizing and organizing the administrative support work for the Branch,
- Prepare and process various administration requests such as training, human resources, official languages, accommodation, office equipment, information and technology, security and strategic planning,
- Maintain the Branch's budget by analyzing, reviewing and recommending expenditure requirements, compiling, entering and reconciling financial data into budget system, certifying expenditures and by providing periodic budget reports,
- Provide the DG with relevant and useful data (ex: budget, performance evaluation, training, human resources, etc.) by developing and maintaining various systems,
- Liaise with managers/employees on expenditures by ensuring that they comply with policies and regulations and that funds are available,
- Act as a resource person by providing advice and policy interpretation to managers, employees and external candidates,
- Control/organize the DG's appointments by scheduling/ rescheduling meetings according to priorities, compiling any background information required or that would be beneficial,
- Compose and draft written replies on behalf of the DG and review for quality and accuracy outgoing correspondence prepared by others for the DG.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of experience*.
- College diploma and three (3) years of experience*.
- High school diploma and seven (7) years of experience*.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you have completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
*Experience in providing administrative support, including:
- Planning and coordinating multiple interrelated administrative activities.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments according to priorities.
- Dealing with managers and employees at all levels.
- Providing client services.
- Organizational skills / multitasking
Conditions of Employment
The majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
A written examination will be administered to evaluate communication skills. If successful, applicants will be invited to an interview.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Administrative Assistant