|Closing Date ||2021-06-23 |
|Reference Number ||21- 968-07-050 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$73,970 - $89,970 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB)
The Financial Officer is responsible for:
- Provide financial management services such as financial planning, financial reporting, reconciliation and/or auditing.
- Plan and conduct financial analysis and/or studies, and prepare reports for senior management review.
- Provide financial advice and service to clients and management by liaising with Corporate Policy Centres for interpretation and application of policies, directives, guidelines and authorities.
- Participate in the financial resource planning, allocation processes and expenditure review for the Branch by coordinating all financial planning and cost analysis projects.
- Monitor all expenses and budgets ensuring coding, performance against budgets and forecasting is carried out correctly.
- Extract financial data, prepare and analyze financial reports by ensuring data integrity through reconciliations and analysis.
- Participate in policy development or review, analysis and identification of clients.
- If required, provide recommendation on the evaluation of an employee's performance and/or provide guidance/orientation/training and check the work of other employees.
- Undergraduate degree* with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics.
- One of the following recognized professional accounting designations: Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
*The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
**Two (2) years of experience in at least two (2) of the following:
- Providing financial advice to clients, managers and/or employees
- Using a financial system
- Using EXCEL for the creation of tables, pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Financial analysis such as budget, commitments or expenditures analysis
- Application of financial policies
- Accounting operations
- Financial policy and systems
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills/multitasking
Conditions of Employment
- A written examination may be administered for the screening of candidates.
- Travel may be required.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Financial Officer