|Closing Date ||2021-06-16 |
|Reference Number ||20-970-04-134 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location || |
|Salary Range ||$49,130 - $59,750 (unionized) |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
- Perform account verification responsibilities ensuring certification of Section 34 of the Financial Administration Act (FAA) on all documents.
- Administer & maintain the contingency account/cash advance system including control & reconciliation of the contingency by distributing and receiving money.
- Liaise with managers/employees on expenditures by ensuring that they comply with policies and regulations and ensuring that funds are availab.e.
- Reconciliation of financial reports.
- Process payment of invoices within specified time frames.
- Process payment of accounts by verifying that all contract terms and conditions have been met and determining the right financial coding to avoid financial loss and payment duplication.
- Liaise with suppliers to give and obtain information necessary to ensure the accuracy of accounts/financial transactions and to rectify any irregularities.
- Prepare bank deposits when needed.
- High school diploma and 4 years of experience*
- College diploma with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics and 2 years of experience*;
- Bachelor's degree with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics and 1 year of experience*; or
- Possession of the Government of Canada Financial Management Certificate and 2 years of experience*.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
* Candidates must possess experience in at least two of the following areas:
- providing advice to clients, managers and/or employees;
- using a financial system;
- working with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook);
- application of financial policies; or
- accounting operations.
- Experience in using a resource management system such as SAP, Oracle or FreeBalance.
- Experience in handling large amounts of money and daily cash balancing.
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptability / flexibility
- Client Service
- Organizational skills / multitasking
Conditions of Employment
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Financial Clerk