|Closing Date ||2020-09-30 |
|Reference Number ||20-968-09-065 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$89,400 - $108,820 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
The Project Leader is responsible for managing internal audit engagements in accordance with the Government of Canada Internal Audit Policy Suite and professional standards.
- Oversee the work of auditors by coaching and providing guidance; monitor their progress and provide input in the preparation of performance evaluation.
- Plan, conduct and report on multiple engagements; forecast human and financial resources required to achieve objectives.
- Plan, organize and lead the design and development of Internal Audit programs, criteria and methodologies in support of the achievement of audit objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers, and maintain contact with clients to inform of the status of engagements.
- Analyze compiled information to conclude on engagement criteria, prepare working papers and draft reports on the findings and provide recommendations to Senior Executives for the approval of the Director.
- Lead the research and analysis of engagement methodologies to determine and test their applicability to the function.
- Manage the development and customization of audit manuals, methodologies, training and other work instruments and ensure their compliance with requirements.
- Develop and maintain internal audit knowledge and expertise and remain current on developments in the field.
- Represent the internal audit section at various forums; establish and maintain contacts with the internal audit community to identify best practices; participate in Office of the Comptroller General horizontal engagements.
Undergraduate degree and seven (7) years of experience *
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
An accounting designation (CPA: CA, CMA, CGA) or an internal audit certification (For example: CIA, CGAP, CISA)
* Experience conducting audits, reviews, research and analysis in an audit-related field.
Candidates must also possess:
- Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in planning, conducting and reporting on audit projects.
- Experience in presenting and substantiating audit findings and conclusions to senior management.
- Informal supervision experience **
** For this criterion, we are looking for experience related to the skills required to perform the functions, and not necessarily formal "supervisory" experience. Depending on the number of employees to be supervised, this may involve various degrees of experience in planning, coordination, control and leadership of human resources. These skills may have been acquired through both work-related and other experiences, including volunteer and other work experiences as a supervisor or not.
- Coaching (developing others)
- Values and Ethics
Conditions of Employment
Travel may be required.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Project Leader, Internal Audit