|Closing Date ||2020-12-09 |
|Reference Number ||20-968-09-029 |
|Job Category ||Subject Matter Expert |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$89,400 - $108,820 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
- Define, develop and lead a data science program which identifies exploitation opportunities, and provides solutions and capabilities to address them.
- Conduct research and recommend potential initiatives to analysts, and branch management and senior executive staff.
- Autonomously find, enrich, transform, interpret, and exploit data to create intelligence products.
- Act as a Service representative on joint projects related to data science and participate in collaborative efforts where applicable.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to fellow Data Scientists and Data Exploitation Analysts, regarding intelligence analysis and associated activities pursued in response to the mandate.
- Recommend new data exploitation projects in annual work plans by identifying analytical gaps and suitable solutions.
- Regularly update knowledge of academic and industry data science practices and standards.
- Effectively communicate and present findings to specialists, management and non-technical audiences. Clearly document methodologies employed in research and data exploitation solutions.
Undergraduate degree in:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Field of study related to data analytics
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education (Masters or PhD) in Data Science or a related field of study could be recognized as experience.
- Undergraduate degree and seven (7) years of experience
The candidate must possess seven (7) years of experience in data science, data analytics or data mining. Please note that out of the seven (7) years of relevant experience required, at least four (4) years must have been gained in data science specifically.
The candidate must possess recent and significant experience in the following:
- Experience performing complex data exploitation on large volumes of data to provide tactical and strategic insights directly to analysts, business owners, and decision makers.
- Experience gathering requirements and identifying opportunities to apply data science towards business objectives.
- Experience prototyping and developing data exploitation capabilities using Python, R, and other technologies.
- Experience visualizing analytics, writing reports, producing functional notebooks, and designing and delivering presentations.
- Experience working with various Big Data technologies.
Candidates must also possess recent and significant experience in at least two (2) of the following:
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of algorithms and statistical techniques to resolve data science problems.
- Experience with text analytics and natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience in the design, creation, and implementation of graph analytics.
- Experience with complex data processing for time series and patterns of life analyses.
Recent experience is defined as experience acquired within the last five (5) years.
Significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience that would normally be acquired by a person in a position where the performance of these duties constitutes his or her main functions over that period of time.
- Analytical skills
Conditions of Employment
A written exam will be administered. If successful, you will be invited to an interview. The exam will serve to evaluate your technical knowledge as it pertains to the position.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Data Scientist