|Closing Date ||2021-05-19 |
|Reference Number ||20-968-07-130 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$73,970 - $89,970 1 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
- Coordinate and administer pay and benefits services by counselling, documenting and advising employees and by applying policies and guidelines.
- Manage, organize, plan the delivery of pay and benefits services by implementing changes to service delivery as required, setting objectives, directing subordinates and evaluating work performance.
- Provide direction and advice to employees, managers and Pay Specialists by interpreting Treasury Board of Secretariat and CSIS policies, Collective Agreements, Acts and Regulations.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of activities and services, identify, implement best practices and develop strategies and action plans for improvements/enhancements.
- Review, research and analyse information/data, develop management briefing notes and reports by providing input for the development of business cases and central agency submissions.
- Mentor and coach Pay Specialists, establish work plans, determine resources, define work standards and methods, guide, motivate and evaluate training needs.
- Exercise the delegation of authority under section 34 of the Financial Administration Act by ensuring payments from the consolidated fund is certified in a manner prescribed by Finance.
- Prepare and deliver information sessions to employees and management related to compensation legislation and directives.
- Undergraduate degree and four (4) years of related experience*
- College diploma and five (5) years of related experience*
- College certificate* and six (6) years of related experience*
- High school diploma* and seven (7) years of related experience*
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
- *Related experience is definied as experience acquired as a Pay Specialist in a Federal Government department or agency. A minimum of four (4) years of experience working with the Phoenix Pay System performing the full scope of the position as a fully trained Pay Specialist is required.
- Experience in providing advice and guidance on pay related issues to employees of all levels.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in a Human Resources management position or supervisory role**.
- ** For this criterion, we are looking for experience related to the skills required to perform the functions, and not necessarily formal "supervisory" experience. Depending on the number of employees to be supervised, this may involve various degrees of experience in planning, coordination, control and leadership of human resources.
- Experience conducting presentations to a diverse audience.
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Organizational Skills and Multitasking
Conditions of Employment
1 Successful candidates may be eligible for a terminable allowance on top of the salary, where applicable.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Pay Supervisor