|Closing Date ||2020-11-25 |
|Reference Number ||20- 968-05-085 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$54,340 - $66,090 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
- Monitor the environment, both within the HQ building and outside perimeter, to identify potential risks and/or hazards presenting concerns of health and safety or requiring repair.
- Act as first responder for emergency/safety situations within CSIS facilities and maintain an acceptable level of order, control and safety until local authorities arrive on scene.
- While posted at the Main Security Control Centre, facilitate the response to emergencies and/or situations of concerns to safety.
- Monitor and administer a variety of activities related to the Integrated Anti-Intrusion Detection System.
- Monitor and issue building access passes in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Conduct a variety of safety and security patrols, searches and equipment verifications.
- Provide verbal and/or written information on procedures related to Protective Services.
- Prepare detailed, accurate and factual shift and incident daily reports.
- College diploma (3-year program) and one (1) year of relevant and recent experience.
- College diploma (2-year program) and two (2) years of relevant and recent experience.
- College diploma (1-year program) and three (3) years of relevant and recent experience.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Recent and relevant experience is defined as:
- Within the last five (5) years in a protective and security related field.
* The following experience could be considered security-related functions:
- Experience in the delivery of client service (interacting and communicating) with employees at all levels, visitors as well as members of the public;
- Ability to work with fellow team members and team supervisors to solve issues or problems;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Client Service
- Interpersonal Skills
Conditions of Employment
Must work shifts based on a 24/7 operation.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Protective Services Officer