|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Our established Surrey office is looking to add a capable and enthusiastic Communities Engineer-in-Training to the existing team of professionals providing quality service to our clients. Municipal engineering is an integral part of our practice at Urban Systems. In this role, you will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a visible difference in many communities including local governments and First Nations. Assisting in the planning, design, and consultation on several projects, you will be given as much freedom and responsibilities as you demonstrate you are able to handle. In addition to the unmatched learning and project experience you will receive, you can expect to be responsible for the following:
• Honing your civil engineering skills and developing an understanding of best practices in a practical, real world setting.
• Applying theory and providing workable solutions related to the implementation of engineering work regarding general municipal engineering including roads, water, sanitary, and drainage infrastructure design and planning.
• Acting as the clients' representative on-site during construction to gather information, conduct inspections, and ensure that designs are built to specifications.
• Building relationships with existing project leaders and clients.
• Providing accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and oral presentations as required.
• Calculating cost estimates and preparing contracts.
• Proactively and professionally communicating with contractors, co-workers, clients, and the public.
• Demonstrating a commitment to learning through the ongoing achievement of personal and professional goals.
Due to COVID-19, the opportunity to work remotely and from home does exist, although, from time-to-time, we may need assistance with client work or face-to-face meetings. Therefore, the individual would need to reside in the South Coast.
The right candidate for this opportunity will be a recent graduate from a civil or environmental engineering degree program, be committed to providing great service to our internal and external clients and have a keen interest in municipal engineering. In addition, the following attributes would be considered a great benefit to this role:
• You have a keen interest in pursuing a career in civil or environmental engineering and working with local municipalities, Indigenous communities, and land developers in British Columbia.
• You are able to work on multiple projects and thrive in a self-directed work environment.
• You take initiative, are a problem solver and continually deliver consistent, high quality work.
• You are suited to consulting given your instincts for:
o Having the ability to listen to others and enjoying working with people.
o Collaborating with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
o Providing practical solutions to problems.
o Working hard to deliver value to our clients.
• You can travel to project sites throughout the Lower Mainland and British Columbia.
• You hold a valid class 5 drivers’ license.
|Work Settings||About Us|
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have over four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities.
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things.
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment.
• Ongoing career development and learning.
• Meaningful rewards and recognition.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
If this describes your background, your skills, and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 9:00 am PST.