Busser (Granville Island)
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Language Designation: English Essential |
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $32253.86 to $35837.62 + shift premiums
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Granville Island is administered by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) on behalf of the Federal Government. The mission of CMHC with respect to Granville Island, is to maintain and foster Granville Island as a unique urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver, a place where visitors of all ages and income can meet, browse, explore and experience a variety of cultural, recreational, educational, commercial retail, arts and industrial activities on a year round basis.
Improving accessibility, creating a market district, developing a more vibrant arts & innovation sector, and enhancing the public realm are the key recommended strategies of Granville Island 2040: Bridging Past & Future, released by CMHC-Granville Island. The report builds on the success of the past, while offering bold new recommendations that anticipate how Granville Island can remain a dynamic destination for future generations to visit and enjoy. For more information, and to read the full report, visit granvilleisland2040.ca
Our Busser’s at Granville Island ensure a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the Public Market and keep the seating areas clean at all times.
As Granville Island is a 7-day/ week operation, there is a requirement to be available for shift work, including evenings and weekends.
What you will need
• Previous customer service experience
• Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheet worksheets
• Certificate in WHMIS (workplace hazardous and materials information system)
• Ability to adapt to changes and to show initiative when needed
• Ability to respond in emergency situations - may be first on the scene (injury, lost children, theft)
• Safety knowledge of WCB regulations and the Canada Labour Code
• Building Worker certificate is an asset
What you will do
• Bussing tables in three Public Market seating areas including wiping tables disposing of garbage and recycling.
• Sweep and/or dry mop the Public Market seating areas as well as wet mop spills as needed and sweep and monitor outdoor courtyard areas throughout the day
• Organize the recycling storage area and prepare containers for pick up
• Represent CMHC and Granville Island in a professional and courteous manner
• Provide information to customers and tenants as required (i.e question on lost and found items, directions)
• Most of the time is spent standing and walking and requires the ability to lift up to 30 - 35 kg.
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: March 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4530
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
* Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
* Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance.
* We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
* If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
* Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
* All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
* All regular employees must be in their current role for a minimum of one (1) year prior to applying for a new position, if not, they must receive managerial approval to apply for a new position.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities