|Closing Date ||2020-08-19 |
|Reference Number ||19- 968-08-089 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$78,800 - $95,870 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
Under the direction of the Chief Internal Security (IS), the Regional Physical Security Analyst is responsible for overseeing all guard post activities and security issues related to all facilities in their region in accordance with policies and standards established for the Service by the IS Branch.
- Manage the functionalities of regional and district systems (guard post, security, office alarm and fire), by identifying problems, diagnosing them and finally proposing solutions.
- Plan, support, and review Security Threat and Security Administrative Reviews for facilities to ensure the safeguards are sufficient and adequate defensive measures and are in place to protect the service employees and assets.
- Implement and ensure compliance of security policies, procedures and measures in accordance with the Government Security Policy and Standards.
- In collaboration with Headquarters (HQ), identify, evaluate and analyze defensive security systems and research these systems. Ensure the support of these systems and prioritize them in terms of safety, efficiency, reliability and operational availability.
- Support and participate, as an IS representative, in major capital construction and infrastructure projects to ensure Service facilities meet IS norms; i.e.: collaborate with engineers and architects, consult with them and provide advice.
- Liaise with HQ and regional counterparts to exchange information/methodologies/techniques in the field of electronic and mechanical security systems.
- In collaboration with HQ, conduct Facility Security Certifications and validate the compliance of premises used by contractors and our partners in the accreditation of external premises to ensure the protection of the Service information and assets at the sites, i.e., to ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place.
- Support the Chief IS in the management of the guard post and work teams.
- Provide appropriate training to Physical Security Officers and Commissionaires on all security systems in the region and on all related procedures
- Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of experience in physical security.
- College diploma* and four (4) years of experience in physical security.
Education: in Security Management or any other related fields associated with the conception, installation and maintenance of security systems.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada, you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Candidates must also possess recent and/or significant experience in:
- Recent* and significant** experience in interpreting and applying: Government of Canada safety policies and standards, fire safety regulations, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information system (WHMIS) requirements, the Quebec Construction code and Canada Labour Code.
- Significant** experience in researching and analyzing information and data to draw inferences in order to provide recommendations or conclusions verbally or in writing.
- Recent* experience in alarm technologies, video surveillance, intrusion detection and access control.
- Recent* experience conducting Threat & Risk Assessments linked to physical security.
- Experience working as a Physical Security representative on medium to large scale capital projects, such as new office construction or renovation.
- Experience with execution plans and specifications for the construction of security systems.
*Recent experience is defined as experience acquired within the last five (5) years.
**Significant experience is defined as the extent and majority of experience of a person in a position whereby the performance of these duties constitutes his or her main functions in the position.
- Possess a valid electricity qualification certificate.
- Professional certification as a Certified Protection Professional (CPP), a Physical Security Professional (PSP) or any other recognized certificate in the field of security.
- Recent experience in informal supervision.
Informal supervision: For this criterion, we are looking for experience related to the skills required to perform the functions, and not necessarily formal "supervisory" experience. Depending on the number of employees to be supervised, this may involve various degrees of experience in planning, coordination, control and leadership of human resources. These skills may have been acquired through both work-related and other experiences, including voluntary and other work experiences outside the Service, as a supervisor or not.
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Analytical skills
Conditions of Employment
- Possess and maintain a valid and permanent Canadian driver's license for the duration of their employment in that position.
- Employees must be able to conduct inspections requiring access to confined spaces and the use of a ladder.
- The incumbent may be required to travel on short notice, occasionally.
- Flexibility is required in relation to the work schedule that may extend beyond core hours of work.
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency base interview. The exam will serve to evaluate your knowledge in safety policies and regulations, along with your competencies in problem solving and written communication skills.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Physical Security Analyst