|Closing Date ||2019-01-09 |
|Reference Number ||18-968-08-092 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$78,800 - $95,870 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) or Term - 1 year |
|Language Requirement ||Various linguistic requirements |
Key responsibilities of Infrastructure Technologies Analysts are:
- Ensure the integrity, stability, availability, and optimization of Information Technology (IT) services by planning, developing, and coordinating IT support activities.
- Designing, developing, evaluating and testing new technologies, tools and procedures/processes in order to support the development, evaluation, and planning of operational capabilities.
- Recommending future development opportunities to maintain and improve computer systems and services.
- Evaluating the performance of existing infrastructure solutions, planning and directing upgrades and improvements, troubleshooting problems and resolving issues by researching and analysing the relevant technical documentation, testing and implementing solutions.
- Providing expertise to research, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems affecting IT systems and services.
- Supporting existing hardware and software systems, and designing the implementation of new products or upgrades by determining the feasibility, establishing the cost/benefits, assessing the impact to all clients and identifying budgetary requirements.
- Liaising with clients (including senior management and executive), partners and external vendors to resolve issues and develop action plans.
- Analyzing user requirements, clarifying their scope and function with the users and supporting units and recommending improvements by undertaking research and conducting feasibility studies.
- Ensuring the analysis and design of systems that adhere to appropriate policies and directives of the federal government, CSIS and other policy centres.
- Identifying and evaluating new or future industry hardware or software by keeping abreast of new technology and understanding the evolution of the Information Technology industry and services.
- Participating as a technical advisor or consultant in inter and intra divisional projects and strategic planning.
- Undergraduate degree and three (3) years of relevant experience
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and four (4) years of relevant experience
- Fields of study: Computer science, electrical, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or engineering.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant Experience is defined as recent and significant experience in designing, implementing, operating, configuring or troubleshooting in a multi-system environment, any two (2) or more of the following:
- directory services (Active Directory)
- server hardware
- server operating systems
- server operating system scripting languages (PowerShell, Python and/or BASH)
- backup/restore systems
- enterprise storage (SAN) hardware
- storage fabrics (iSCSI or Fiber Channel)
- disaster recovery, high-availability, or business continuity technologies and infrastructures
- server virtualization technologies
- server middleware applications (IIS, Apache, Java Runtime Environments)
In addition to the above criteria, candidates must possess experience in the following:
- Experience in analyzing requirements and/or providing advice and guidance on IT matters to various audiences such as clients and management.
- Experience as a participant in the development of policies, processes, procedures and/or standards related to IT systems and/or infrastructures.
Recent experience is defined as experience acquired within the last seven (7) years.
Significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience that would normally be acquired by a person in a position where the performance of these duties constitutes his or her main functions over that period of time.
Experience in dealing with manufacturers, sales representatives, service providers or customer support engineer teams.
Experience participating in cost and option analysis.
Experience working in a high security environment.
Current professional certifications or designations related to the position being staffed such as VMware Certified Professional, ITIL v3, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Exposure to compliance, auditing and security processes.
Experience in any of the following technologies:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Password Management and/or Privileged Account Management applications.
- Experience with identity management and/or identity vault applications (example: MicroFocus Identity Manager).
- Experience with Microsoft Group Policy Objects.
- Experience with Microsoft Certificate Authority.
- Experience with Private Key Infrastructure (example: RSA, Entrust).
- Experience with server virtualization technologies (VMWare vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V preferred).
- Experience with Linux server operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS preferred).
- Experience with server hardware and/or converged, hyper-converged, or composable infrastructures.
- Experience with enterprise storage hardware (NetApp E and FAS series preferred).
- Experience with backup/recovery software (IBM Spectrum Protect, formally known as Tivoli Storage Manager, preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft System Configuration Manager.
- Experience with Tomcat, Java Runtime Environments, Internet Information Services (IIS), WebSphere and/or Weblogic.
- Experience with PowerShell, Python and/or BASH scripting languages.
- Experience with Linux server configuration management tools (Red Hat Satellite, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure technologies (VMware View/Horizon preferred).
- Experience with private and/or public cloud technologies and infrastructures (example: VMware vRealize Automation).
- Experience with disaster recovery, business continuity, multi-site high-availability and/or remote replication technologies (examples: Zerto, VMware Site Recovery Manager, SAN replication).
- Experience with server operating system patch management technologies (examples: Microsoft Windows Server Update Service, Linux YUM Repositories).
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
Various language requirements:
- English Essential (EE/AE)
- Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB)
For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
This position is designated CS; therefore, the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 7% of the annual salary.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Equivalent positions have been identified based on comparable occupational groups and rates of pay for the purpose of advertising on the GC Jobs website.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Infrastructure Technologies Analyst