|Closing Date ||2018-11-28 |
|Reference Number ||18-968-07-127 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$69,350 - $84,360 |
|Status ||Term - 1 year |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (CBC/CBC) |
The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for:
- Act as a resource person by providing advice on Human Resources related matters and policy interpretation to managers and employees, as well as making recommendations on problem resolution. This can also include developing and delivering information sessions on Human Resources related matters to managers and employees.
- Respond to client needs by providing expertise on various Human Resources matters.
- Assess Human Resources processes and activities to enhance their effectiveness and ensure they are conducted according to policies.
- Act as a point of contact to internal/external candidates/resources/clients and coordinate Human Resources processes.
- Conduct special projects and make recommendations on improvements to the program.
- Research and gather information, analyse data, write reports and memoranda.
- Staff vacancies by developing and conducting competency based interviews in accordance with internal policies and adherence to human resources principles, employment equity and official languages programs. This can also include screening external applicants, conducting personal suitability interviews, monitoring and maintaining contact with applicants and participating in various career fairs.
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to the position or Human Resources certification recognized by Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Canada or the Human Resources Professionals Association (Ontario) and four (4) years of experience in the interpretation of policies and procedures in any one or more of the following Human Resources disciplines: human resources planning, classification, staffing, recruitment, training, performance management or labour relations within the last seven (7) years.
Fields related to the position include: human resources, labour or industrial relations, psychology, public or business administration, organizational development, education sciences or social sciences.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
A higher level of relevant education could be recognized as experience.
- Two (2) years experience in the provision of advice on complex human resources management issues to management.
- Two (2) years experience in the planning, delivery or management of human resources services in any one or more the following Human Resources disciplines: human resources planning, classification, staffing, recruitment, training, performance management or labour relations.
The breadth and depth of sought experience involves files of various complexities, multiple issues, partners or clients, impacts or risks, which would normally be acquired over a period of two (2) years.
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience conducting interviews for selection and recruitment processes (e.g. assessing, obtaining and reporting information)
- Analytical Skills
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
Conditions of Employment
Term positions with the possibility of an extension or indeterminate (permanent) positions with a one (1) year probation.
A written task will be administered for the assessment of candidates. The task will be used to assess your experience and competencies as they relate to the position.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Human Resources Advisor