|Closing Date ||2018-11-28 |
|Reference Number ||18-968-07-101 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location || |
|Salary Range ||$69,350 - $84,360 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
- Conduct security screening investigations and interviews of all CSIS applicants for employment, in accordance with the instructions of Security Screening Branch, National Headquarters (NHQ) according to established standards and procedures.
- Prepare, convoke and conduct rigorous interviews with references in order to shed light on elements that may raise security concerns, in support of the security assessments for CSIS.
- Research, analyze, assess, and corroborate relevant information. Work with the appropriate section within CSIS when there is a link to an active investigation, and collaborate with the section in the preparation and conduct of interviews.
- Consult and follow relevant CSIS and Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) policies and guidelines.
- Prepare interview reports with rigour, relevance and accuracy in a timely manner. The reports must be precise, complete and concise.
- Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of experience
- College diploma and four (4) years of experience
- High school diploma and six (6) years of experience
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Experience (acquired within the last six (6) years) in conducting interviews for assessment purposes and for the purpose of making recommendations; and/or, experience (acquired within the last six (6) years) in investigations for assessment purposes and for the purpose of making recommendations.
- Experience (acquired within the last six (6) years) in the production of detailed reports and formulation of recommendations.
- Experience in conducting interviews in an intelligence or security capacity
- Experience working in areas related to intelligence or security matters
- Specialized courses obtained in relation to advanced interviewing skills, especially in an intelligence or security capacity
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills/multitasking
Conditions of Employment
Driver's license: valid and permanent Canadian driver's license (mandatory throughout career).
- Permanent Canadian driver's license is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 7, Class 6, Learner's etc. will not be accepted.
- Bilingual imperative (CBC/CBC), Ottawa, Ontario
- English essential, Toronto, Ontario
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Security Screening Investigator