|Closing Date ||2019-01-09 |
|Reference Number ||18-968-07-091 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$69,350 - $84,360 |
$61,380 - $74,670
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) or term - 1 year |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Non-imperative (BBB/BBB) |
Client Relations/IT Analyst job functions may include one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients (including senior management and executive), partners and external vendors to resolve issues and recommend next steps.
- Support, design, develop, enhance, and implement computer application systems and programs.
- Evaluate the performance of existing computer systems, plan and direct upgrades and improvements, troubleshoot problems / test and resolve issues.
- Coordinate problem diagnostics, root cause analysis, and implementation of problem resolution with IT technical teams.
- Provide recommendations to enhance IT systems and services.
- Ensure the integrity, stability, and availability of IT services by maintaining, monitoring, implementing, and supporting all systems and processes provided and supported by IT.
- Promote and maintain IT knowledge transfer through regular reporting on results of completed work.
- Verify and validate technology solutions and services prior to deployment by leveraging industry best practices, historical information, experience, tools, and processes.
- Maintain knowledge and use of technical corporate services by researching and keeping abreast of the latest developments in technology.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience
- Fields of study: Computer science, electrical/electronics engineering, network security, telecommunications.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as providing IT services in one or more of the following areas: IT Systems and Applications Support, Hardware and Software maintenance and support, ITIL best practices implementation.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
- This position is designated CS, therefore the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 4% of the annual salary.
- Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for IT Client Relations Analyst