|Closing Date ||2019-05-29 |
|Reference Number ||18- 970-03-023 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Toronto, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$43,320 - $52,710 |
|Status ||Term - 1 year |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
- Ensure the vehicles are in good working order by inspecting/testing the vehicles and arranging/recording servicing and repair.
- License all vehicles by completing all necessary documentation and co-ordinating the applications with the Ministry of Transportation.
- Organize/control the use and the assignment of all vehicles by ensuring any problems are resolved and the data is kept-up-to-date.
- Complete vehicle audits/reports by collecting odometer readings, gas bills, repair costs, etc. and by entering data into a computerized Fleet Management application.
- Shuttle the vehicles (various models and types) between the office and the dealerships/repair facilities.
- Maintain the internal/external cleanliness of the fleet vehicles.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in driving motor vehicles (in various weather conditions) with a permanent Canadian driver's license.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a clerical role where functions include planning, organizing and coordinating activities/actions.
- Experience working with managers and employees at all levels.
- Experience in providing client services.
- Skills and/or knowledge of mechanical or vehicle maintenance.
- Client services
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
Conditions of Employment
- A valid and permanent Canadian driver's license
- defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 6, Class 7 and Learner's Permit will not be accepted.
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull a minimum of 20 kgs (45 lbs) and maintain the physical demands of the position.
- Work outside of core hours on occasion, sometimes on short notice.
Please note that this is an anticipatory process which will establish a pool of qualified candidates to staff potential vacancies in the locations mentioned above.
- English Essential (Toronto Region)
- Bilingual Imperative - BBB (Ottawa Region)
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Fleet Assistant