|Closing Date ||2019-01-30 |
|Reference Number ||18- 968-07-129 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range || |
$69,350 - $84,360
$61,380 - $74,670
|Status || |
Indeterminate (permanent) or
Term - 1 year
|Language Requirement ||Various |
The Analyst - IT Security Support is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of IT Infrastructure components.
- Evaluate the performance of existing systems. Plan and direct upgrades and improvements. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Analyze and define user requirements and perform technical experimentation and feasibility studies in development and test environments.
- Analyse and synthesize to identify problem patterns, perform research and make recommendations to improve the reliability and maintainability of systems.
- Assess and validate technology service options prior to deployment, by leveraging industry best practices and historical information.
- Liaise with peers and clients to resolve escalated technical issues.
- Participate as a technical advisor/consultant on divisional projects and strategic planning.
- Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to systems and support services.
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience.
Fields of study: Computer science, electrical, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or software engineering.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience: A minimum of one year of combined total year(s) of experience in any three of the following:
- Experience monitoring system or network activities to prevent or detect or respond to and remediate incidents or unauthorized or malicious activity.
- Experience participating in the development and/or implementation of IT Security policies or guidelines or procedures or best practices (e.g.: OWASP, NIST, CIS).
- Experience installing or configuring or supporting Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), using SIEM or other security tools to perform in-depth analysis.
- Experience in identifying or investigating and escalating potential issues affecting the security posture of the organization.
- Recent experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to IT or cyber security infrastructure such as: networks or Firewall or Virtual Private Network or Web proxies/gateways or Intrusion Detection & prevention systems or Host security systems or Directory Services and/or privileged access systems and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Experience in performing vulnerability assessments or vulnerability scans or penetration testing and providing remediation recommendations.
- Experience in specification of IT Security requirements or applications or operating system hardening.
Experience using various programming or scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, R, Java.
Experience in preparing or testing and evaluating technical security controls of IT systems.
IT Security related certifications such as, but not limited to, OSCP, CISSP, CISA, CCASP, SSCP, CSSLP, CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC, EC-Council, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
Successful completion of one or more CSE IT Security Learning Centre programs of study in relation to the ITSG-33 suite, such as:
- 104 - IT Security Risk Management: A Life Cycle Approach (ITSG-22)
- 105 - Information System Security Implementation Process (ISSIP)
- 525 - IT Security Assessments
- 701 - IT Security Risk Management and Security Control Profiles
- Problem solving
- Organizational Skills/Multi-tasking
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
Various language requirements :
- English Essential (EE/AE)
- Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB)
- Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB)
Note: For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
This position is designated CS. Therefore, the employee may be eligible for a terminable allowance of 4% of the annual salary.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
Equivalent positions have been identified based on comparable occupational groups and rates of pay for the purpose of advertising on the GC Jobs website.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for IT Security Support Analyst