|Closing Date ||2019-05-29 |
|Reference Number ||17-968-06-044 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$61,380 - $74,670 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
Term 1- year
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
- Manage the activities of the Unit by maintaining the integrity of the files systems, establishing and scheduling activities, prioritizing work assignments, allocating staff to meet fluctuation in workload, evaluating work performance and providing training.
- Develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement procedures, guidelines and assess functionality of new systems.
- Implement and apply policies related to Information Management
- Investigate and respond to inquiries and recommend solutions to the Head.
- Liaise and make recommendations to clients and IM management on issues related to Information Holdings.
- Plan, organize, evaluate and conduct record improvement studies and compose reports for management.
- Direct, guide and advise employees on proper records management practices to ensure availability of information to clients.
- Undergraduate degree two (2) years of relevant and recent experience
- College diploma and four (4) years of relevant and recent experience
Relevant programs of study include but are not limited to:
- Information and Records Management
- Library Science
- Archival Studies
- Business Administration
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as:
- Experience working in an Information Management support capacity including research, analysis and life cycle information management
- Experience delivering client service to employees in an Information Management environment including but not limited to providing guidance and advice on the interpretation of related policies and procedures
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in writing reports such as status reports, briefing notes, presentations, etc. using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience working on projects related to Information Management
- Experience with computer applications pertaining to Information Management functions
- Experience in supervising employees and/or resources.
- Analytical Skills
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Supervisory/Management skills
Conditions of Employment
Please note that for all experience requirements listed in this tabloid, the selection committee is looking for recent experience, that is, experience acquired within the past five (5) years.
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency based interview.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Team Lead - Information Management