|Closing Date ||2019-05-29 |
|Reference Number ||17-968-06-043 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$54,340 - $66,090 |
$61,380 - $74,670
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
Term- 1 year
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual imperative (BBB/BBB) |
The Information Management Officer is responsible for developing, organizing and administering the activities and projects in support of Information Management Programs.
- Coordinate the management of information holdings by developing project objectives/plans, quality control standards, contributing training programs and assisting in planning cycle.
- Direct the maintenance of the applications by providing advice, guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems by analysing and advising on policies, procedures and technology utilizing information from open and classified sources as well as project management methodology.
- Research, conduct studies, test new software and system functionality to identify requirements and recommend changes to process and to information systems.
- Provide client service by responding to inquiries and providing advice regarding access to and security to corporate information. Maintain and update security groups across all databases and security profiles on individual documents.
- Deliver awareness sessions/presentations related to Information Management Program.
- Control and co-ordinate access to applications by issuing accounts, passwords and setting resource access profiles for all personnel.
- Prepare communiques and correspondence for management.
- Interpret governing legislative policies/procedures and communicate/advise management on the impact to the Programs.
- Provide initial reports to assess the integrity of the applications in accordance with user requirements and application demands.
- Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of relevant and recent experience
- College diploma and four (4) years of relevant and recent experience
Relevant programs of study include but are not limited to:
- Information and Records Management
- Library Science
- Archival Studies
- Business Administration
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Relevant experience is defined as:
- Experience working in an Information Management support capacity including research, analysis and life cycle information management
- Experience delivering client service to employees in an Information Management environment including but not limited to providing guidance and advice on the interpretation of related policies and procedures
Candidates must also possess:
- Experience in writing reports such as status reports, briefing notes, presentations, etc.
- Experience working on projects related to Information Management
- Experience with computer applications pertaining to Information Management functions
Candidates should also demonstrate whether they meet any or all of the following criteria:
- Recent experience dealing with legislative information management requirements in support of legal proceeding or litigation such as ATIP request, etc.
- Experience in entering and manipulating data in databases and Excel
- Experience in preparing and delivering PowerPoint presentations, briefings and information sessions
- Experience in researching and writing information management policies, procedures, or planning documents.
- Analytical Skills
- Client Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills/Multitasking
- Problem Solving
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not fully possess the experience required may be considered for this position and will be employed on an underfill basis until they reach the full working level of the position.
Please note that for all experience requirements listed in this tabloid, the selection committee is looking for recent experience, that is, experience acquired within the past five (5) years.
A written exam will be used as part of the overall assessment combined with the competency based interview.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Information Management Officer