|Closing Date ||2019-02-27 |
|Reference Number ||17- 968-07-057 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$69,350 - $84,360 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
The Information Technology Solutions and Services (ITSS) Branch is the centralized authority for all matters pertaining to the automation and delivery of corporate Information Technology (IT) services. We design and develop innovative information technology applications and systems and provide ongoing support of core information systems and services to enhance CSIS' ability to fulfill its mandate.
Depending on the position, job functions may include one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Support, design, develop, enhance, and implement computer application systems and programs.
- Evaluate the performance of existing computer systems, plan and direct upgrades and improvements, troubleshoot problems / test and resolve issues.
- Provide recommendations to enhance IT systems and services.
- Support, administer, configure, and install software and hardware products and systems.
- Implement new products or upgrades in a network operating system environment by determining the feasibility, the cost / benefit, assessing the impact to all clients.
- Liaise with clients (including senior management and executive), partners and external vendors to resolve issues and recommend next steps.
- Develop, evaluate and test new technologies.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 first tier management and support.
- Provide access to all IT network services.
- Responsible for ensuring changes to the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for Configuration Management.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree and one (1) year of related experience
- Technologist diploma or a Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of related experience
Fields of study: Computer science, electrical, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or engineering.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Programmer / Systems Analyst:
Software / Hardware Analyst:
- Server and desktop hardware (HP and DELL hardware preferred), Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems (MCSE/MCITP an asset), LINUX, Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Novell eDirectory, Vmware Enterprise technologies, GroupWise, MS Exchange, HP OpenView, ServiceDesk, HP Service Manager and Microsoft (SCCM), MSI and ISS.
Collaboration Tools Analyst:
- Sharepoint, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Network Operations Centre Analyst:
- the monitoring, support and management of computing and telecommunication networks including their security. Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Admin (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Admin (MCSE) and ITIL Foundation certification are considered assets.
Access Management Analyst:
- Active Directory and/or eDirectory tools, processes and best practices for the administration of group membership, permissions and policies relating to network, file, print and application provisioning.
Change / Release Management Analyst:
- IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), IT Change Management / Coordination and/or Release Management / Coordination toolset(s) or technologies.
Configuration Management Analyst:
- IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage); ITIL (certification an asset), good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language, experience in configuration management and with configuration management toolset(s) or technologies.
Network / Communications Specialist:
- CISCO, Certified Cisco Network Admin (CCNA, MCITP, CCNP), TCIP, IPSec, SNMP, OSPF, VoIP systems.
Telephony Communications Specialist:
- CS1000/Meridian TDM Telephone system, Telephony Manager , Nortel / Avaya voice messaging systems, Call Pilot and legacy Meridian Mail voice messaging systems, Avaya Aura Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager and Messaging, ISDN, SIP and H.323, LINUX operating system, Routing, VLAN's, Tandberg video conferencing systems, etc.).
Server & Storage Specialist:
- Server virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V), virtual desktop infrastructures (VMware View/Horizon), storage fabrics (iSCSI, Fiber Channel), SAN appliances (NetApp E, N or A series preferred), backup systems and disaster recovery technologies (IBM Spectrum Protect, formally Tivoli Storage Manager, preferred), server operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Microsoft Windows Server), scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell), server hardware including converged/hyper-converged/composable infrastructures.
Client Liaison Officers:
- IT help desk, ITIL, Remedy, HP's Service Desk, ITIL knowledge.
Problem Management Analyst:
- Infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, storage); ITIL framework and the ITIL problem management process; ITIL knowledge.
Quality Assurance Analyst:
- IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), functional, quality and/or load testing, function and quality toolset(s), technologies and/or methodologies.
Enterprise Management Tools Analyst:
- IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), IT enterprise tool administration and configuration, IT service management and/or tools / technologies and scripting languages (e.g., Shell scripting, VB scripting, etc.).
IT Security Analyst:
- IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), IT security principles and related methodologies, IT security technologies.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
Conditions of Employment
Various linguistic profiles:
- BBB / BBB Imperative
- BBB / BBB Non Imperative
- BBC / BBC Imperative
- English Essential
- French Essential
- English or French Essential
For bilingual imperative positions, offers will be made to qualified candidates who meet the linguistic requirements. For bilingual non-imperative positions, offers will be conditional upon meeting the linguistic requirements within two (2) years of appointment.
Please note that these are CS designated positions, therefore successful candidates may be eligible to a 4% retention allowance.
Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed by the Service.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Information Technology Analyst