Workers' Compensation And LTD Representative
|Company||Hospital Employees' Union|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Are you an experienced advocate interested in working for a progressive health care union with a large and diverse membership, and a broad social justice mandate?|
The Hospital Employees' Union is looking for a skilled individual to fill the regular full-time position of WCB and LTD Representative at its provincial office in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Representatives specialize in providing advocacy services for injured HEU members and those living with long-term disabilities.
Our work is diverse and challenging. The position is responsible for representing HEU members before administrative tribunals, providing advice and training to staff, and support to legislative and policy reform initiatives. The position reports to the Team Lead, Worker's Compensation and LTD.
- Specific and detailed knowledge of the Worker's Compensation Act, Regulations, long-term disability procedures, and other labour legislation and policies that may affect workers' benefits, health, and safety.
- Experience in representing workers at hearings and tribunals.
- Effective and respectful communication skills (written, oral, and listening).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and for workers who may be under severe stress, in pain, or living with temporary or permanent disabilities.
- Ability to facilitate educational topics on issues relating to WCB and LTD.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Excellent case research and analytical skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and provide high-quality work under tight deadlines.
This is a unionized position. Compensation is based on a collective agreement and includes a 72-hour fortnight and generous vacation time and benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan. The current annual salary for this position is $107,677.44. A valid BC driver's license and access to a vehicle are required, as is the ability to travel throughout the province.
Since 1944, the Hospital Employees' Union has advocated for better working and caring conditions, defended public health care, and stood against privatization.
We have a long history as a strong, democratic, progressive, socially conscious union committed to social justice and advancing labour and human rights on a local and global level. We identify and challenge historical and systemic inequities and hear, respect, serve, empower, and advocate for, each and every member. Together we fight for fairness, solidarity, equity, inclusion, and understanding, knowing that our members' economic security depends on our success.
HEU is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, values diversity, and is representative of the communities we serve.
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|How To Apply||Interested in working with us? Here's how to apply.|
Please send your resume and cover letter by 4 PM on May 31, 2023, to: Jobapplication@heu.org (subject line: WCB and LTD Representative, Your Name).
Please note that although we appreciate your interest, due to the volume of applications, we will only be responding to those who are selected for an interview.