Engineer In Training (EIT) / Geoscientist In Training (GIT)
|Company||Ministry Of Transportation And Infrastructure|
|Location||Prince George, Kamloops, Coquitlam, Victoria|
|Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure|
Prince George, Kamloops, Coquitlam, Victoria
Positions are under-implemented at the Licensed Science Officer (LSO) 1 - Salary: $53,219.04 - $67,865.31 annually, plus 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) that can be taken as time or pay. Upon completion of the EIT/GIT program the full working level classification is at LSO Eng/Geo. 3
Engineer in Training (EIT) / Geoscientist in Training (GIT)
$53,219.04 - $67,865.31 annually
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure's EIT/GIT program provides the opportunity to gain applied technical experience throughout British Columbia by moving you through multiple rotations in various locations throughout the program. This dynamic range of experience will provide an opportunity to train, develop and grow professionally through challenging work assignments. Throughout your participation in the program, you will be assigned experienced professional engineering mentors who will be there to support and guide you through your development. By joining our EIT/GIT program, you will enjoy the benefits of an accredited EIT/GIT Training Program and expedited application review for professional designation.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor or higher degree in a related engineering discipline (program completion by the spring of current year or within the last five years) in one of the following fields:
o Civil Engineering with a focus on Hydrotechnical Engineering
o Civil Engineering with a focus on Transportation or a related field
o Electrical Engineering or a related field.
o Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering
o Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering, Materials Engineering and Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical and/or Materials Engineering
o Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher, with a focus in Geoscience (program completion by Spring of current year or within the last five years) in one of the following fields:
o Environmental Geoscience
- Membership as an Engineer-In-Training/Geoscientist-in-Training with EGBC within 30 days of start date.
- Valid Canadian Drivers Licence. (A valid Class 5 or 7 BC Driver's Licence is required within 30 days of start date).
- Must be eligible to accept Full-Time work in Canada.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by February 12, 2023|