Principal, Web Content Writer (Position Can Be Located Anywhere In Canada)
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Job Category||Creative Media and Writers|
|Sector: People and Strategy |
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. We are seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our content marketing team. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing/editing, a comprehensive understanding of the housing industry, and experience producing content that will expand our digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. This role will help us, make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
The intent of this posting is to identify qualified candidates for this position as well as future permanent and contract positions.
What you will need
* A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
* BA/BS degree in Digital Marketing, Journalism or Communications or equivalent work experience. Or, in a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (web writing/creation); or equivalent qualifications obtained through at least 8 years of success in related positions of increasing responsibility.
* Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
* Demonstrated experience writing and editing digital content, particularly taking complex and diversified issues to transform them into plain language.
* Demonstrated experience providing strategic advice, guidance, information, intelligence and expertise to web team and clients.
* Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
* Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
* Proficiency in web analytics software, keyword tools as well as experience with data-driven SEO analysis, ranking and optimization.
* Bonus experience and skills include HTML, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation, inbound marketing, and blogging.
* Demonstrated experience planning, developing and implementing standards and guidelines related to appropriate web content production.
What you will be doing
* Collaborating with designers, product/program marketers, client solutions representatives, researchers as well as external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of our key audiences.
* Creating rich content on a variety of topics that attracts a qualified audience to our information, programs and solutions (including articles, blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
* Optimizing our lead nurturing process by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
* Creating shareable content to spread our brand voice through various channels in a consistent manner.
* Growing our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
* Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation while tracking, measuring and analyzing initiatives to report on content ROI.
* Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
* Providing strategic advice, guidance, information, intelligence and expertise to to identify web-based content opportunities to help meet business objectives.
* Monitoring emerging trends in online content development and apply relevant trends to web content writing/editing while sharing learning with team members.
* Planning, developing and implementing standards and guidelines related to appropriate web content production so that web content follows a consistent voice, style, format, and brand guidelines.
* Developing web writing guidelines and writing/editing associated web content governance documents such as the Web Accessibility Standard, Web Usability Standard, etc. and other tools for business lines who are the subject matter experts for web content.
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID: 3896
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.