Tenure Track Tier 2 Canada Research Chair Faculty Position In Building Science
|The Department of Architectural Science, in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science at Ryerson University invites applications for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Building Science. The candidate will develop, with Ryerson University, the CRC nomination package for the April 20, 2020 deadline. Upon a successful nomination to the CRC program, the candidate will be appointed to a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective January 1, 2021, subject to final budgetary approval.|
The incumbent will be expected to develop and maintain a strong, independent, externally funded research program that will be internationally recognized in five to ten years, mentor and support excellent diverse trainees, students, future researchers and colleagues in forms such as organizing workshops, co-authoring papers, obtaining patents, and contributing to public policy and professional practice. The incumbent will also effectively teach undergraduate and graduate courses and engage in collegial service.
• Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Building Science (Building Physics) or a related discipline
• Demonstrate sound expertise in one or more of the following related areas of Building Science: Low Carbon/Net-Zero Energy Buildings, Sustainable Materials/Enclosures, Human Building Interaction & Building Performance
• Established a strong emerging research profile that demonstrates creativity and evidence of impact
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in teaching and research
• Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain an independent, externally funded research program
• Have the potential to attract diverse world-class collaborators
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively teach Building Science courses in the undergraduate and graduate programs and have the potential to contribute to course development and pedagogy
• Demonstrate the ability to participate in leadership activities in collegial internal and external service
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) registration may be an asset
|How To Apply||Need assistance with the application process?|
Call Tracey King for help!
Tracey will guide you step by step from the application, interview and hiring process, to providing orientation to Ryerson and the Indigenous community.
Toll Free: 1-866-496-7047