Water Practice Engineer-in-Training
|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Our Kamloops office is looking to add a talented, kind, and motivated Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to our team of professionals who provide quality service to our clients. We are looking for someone who shares our core values, has a passion for developing creative solutions, and who has a spark for consulting. Water engineering is an integral part of our practice at Urban Systems. In this role, you will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a tangible difference in many local communities. You will be working collaboratively with a team on the planning, design, and implementation of several projects. In addition to the learning and project experience you will receive, you can expect to be responsible for:
• Building relationships with your colleagues, project leaders, industry professionals, and clients.
• Proactively and professionally communicating with contractors, co-workers, clients, and the public.
• Demonstrating a commitment to learning through the ongoing achievement of personal and professional goals.
• Providing accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and presentations.
• Honing your engineering skills and developing an understanding of best practices, regulations, design criteria, and processes/equipment/technologies.
• Working on a range of water and wastewater projects including treatment plants, pump stations, and collection and distribution systems.
• Developing solutions for small to large scale projects, while keeping in mind the bigger picture and long-term implications of decisions.
• Designing water and wastewater systems including equipment selection, facility layout, piping design, as well as preparing cost estimates and contract documents.
• Coordinating lab testing, and undertaking water quality analysis, bench scale testing, and treatment equipment piloting as required for the facility design process.
• Acting as the clients' representative on-site during construction to gather information, conduct inspections and ensure that designs are built to specifications.
Due to COVID-19, the opportunity to work remotely and from home exists, although, from time-to-time we may need assistance with client work or face-to-face meetings when it is safe to do so. Therefore, the individual will need to reside in Kamloops or within commuting distance.
The right candidate for this opportunity will be a recent graduate from a civil, chemical, or environmental engineering degree with up to three years of work experience. A degree program with a water and wastewater focus would be an asset. In addition, the following attributes would be considered a benefit to this role:
• A keen interest in pursuing a career working on water and wastewater projects in British Columbia and Alberta.
• You are suited to consulting given your instincts for business, listening, service, and problem solving.
• You take initiative, are a problem solver, and like working hard to deliver value.
• You enjoy and seek out opportunities to collaborate with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
• Experience working in facilities/operations and/or on water and wastewater projects.
• You pay attention to details, and continually deliver high quality work.
• Mechanical aptitude and able to figure out how things work.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and thrive in a self-directed work environment.
• Willing and able to travel to project sites throughout Western Canada.
• An Engineer-in-Training with EGBC or eligible to register.
• Hold a valid BC class 5 drivers license.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have over four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities.
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things.
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment.
• Ongoing career development and learning.
• Meaningful rewards and recognition.
|Education Requirements||The right candidate for this opportunity will be a recent graduate from a civil, chemical, or environmental engineering degree with up to three years of work experience. A degree program with a water and wastewater focus would be an asset.|
|How To Apply||If this opportunity describes your background, your skills, and your natural talents, please view our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. |
Deadline for applications: Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:00 am PST.