Accounting Instructor - Continuous Appointment (Probationary)
|Company||Red Deer Polytechnic|
|The Donald School of Business, Science and Computing is seeking a Full-Time Probationary Continuous Accounting Instructor to start in the Winter 2024 term. |
The ideal candidate will possess a broad range of business experience and a specialized background in Accounting to teach in the Business Certificate, Business Diploma, and Bachelor of Business Administration programs. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that allow them to teach Accounting courses to a wide range of learners.
The successful candidate will also have a passion for teaching theory using applied learning strategies in a flexible learning environment. A desire to innovate in the achievement of learning outcomes is required. There is an expectation to engage in scholarship and contribute to research supervision at the undergraduate level.
Responsibilities of Full-Time Probationary Continuous Faculty at the Donald School of Business, Science and Computing include (but are not limited to):
- Delivering courses congruent with established course curricula and program outcomes
- Supporting the success of students with diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Assessing student learning in ways that both facilitate learning and ensure achievement against appropriate academic standards
- Inspiring students by exhibiting enthusiasm for teaching, learning, and subject material
- Contributing to course and program curriculum development and renewal
- Engaging in scholarly activity within the domains of Ernest Boyer's model: scholarship of discovery, application, integration, and teaching
- Working collegially within department, School, or Institution committees and project teams
|Start Date||December 18, 2023|
|Salary||$70,188 - $113,188 Annually|
|Credentials||One of the following designations or equivalent: CMA, CGA, CA, or CPA (multiple accounting designations would be a strong asset)|
|Education Requirements||Master's Degree in a related discipline from a recognized institution|
One of the following designations or equivalent: CMA, CGA, CA, or CPA (multiple accounting designations would be a strong asset)
|Experience||5 years' experience working in the Accounting field |
Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now' |
Red Deer Polytechnic will only accept applications for this job through the original job posting found on our Employment website.