Product Owner, Total Fund Solutions
|Job Category||Information Technology|
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montreal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Owner (PO) plays a key role in the Total Fund Solutions agile team to maximize the value delivered by the Technology, Data and Operations' (TDO) group. The Total Fund Solutions bring together clients (business partners) whose responsibilities include managing activities related to the Total Fund, such as building PSP's strategic portfolio, defining investment mandates, leading the responsible investment strategy and oversight, managing transversal risk, performance, and treasury.
In a nutshell, the incumbent is responsible for establishing product roadmaps jointly with business stakeholders, prioritizing work based on value and budget, lead agile ceremonies (Sprint Planning, demos, Prioritization meetings), effectively collaborating and solving problems with the delivery teams to continuously deliver business value and capture untapped opportunities.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Product Owner, Total Fund Solutions, you'll:
- Be the primary point of contact and be responsible for identifying client needs with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining & communicating the product roadmap in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Collaborate with the value stream architect to be able to stay informed of technology trends
- Be responsible for documenting business cases, including expected benefits
- Manage and follow the allocated budget
- Be responsible for managing, structuring and prioritizing the products backlog jointly with the business and the team
- Be responsible for articulating business needs and value for the delivery squads during agile sessions, while maintaining focus on the highest value increments aligned with the product strategy
- Be responsible for managing client delivery expectations and taking actions to meet delivery engagement in collaboration with other TDO agile teams
- Remove impediments to delivery under your control or raise flags to Managers to ensure delivery commitment is met
- Contribute to business analysis and documentation of solutions. Participate in incidents resolution
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, information technologies and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A master degree is considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the investment field or experience related to pension funds, particularly in the activities of performance calculation, treasury management, or risk management, is a significant asset
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent organizational skills with hands-on experience managing all stages of a product life cycle (e.g. SDLC)
- Certified as a Product Owner (e.g. PSPO, etc.) is an asset
- Strong active listening, oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork spirit and collaboration skills driven by a positive attitude
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Certified as a CFA or FRM is an asset
- Bilingualism: English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- Investment in career development
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Competitive pension plans
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|