Clinical Global Study Associate: Oncology – 12-month Contract Position
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Clinical Global Study Associate: Oncology Intern|
The GSA is a member of extended global study team supporting delivery of clinical studies within Late Development Oncology (LDO) to time, cost and quality, from Clinical Study Protocol (CSP) development through study set-up, maintenance, close-out, development of Clinical Study Report (CSR) to study archiving.
The GSA supports Global Study Director (GSD) / Global Study Associate Director (GSAD) and Global Study Managers (GSMs) in delegated aspects of clinical study execution in accordance with the Study Team Operating Model (STOM), AZ Project Management Framework, current clinical trial regulations (e.g. ICH GCP), AstraZeneca Standard Operating Procedures (AZ SOPs), AZ policies and best practices (e.g. AZ guidelines) and in line with AZ values and behaviours.
• Support Global Study Director (GSD) / Global Study Associate Director (GSAD) and Global Study Managers (GSMs) by completing delegated study work.
• Initiate and lead the set-up of the electronic Trial Master File (eTMF). Maintain and close the eTMF to ensure compliance to International Conference of Harmonisation Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (ICH/GCP) and AZ SOPs
• Interact/collaborate with Site Management & Monitoring, other internal staff and external vendors in collection of regulatory and other essential documents.
• Contribute to electronic applications/submissions in ANGEL by creating and managing clinical-regulatory documents according to the requested technical standards and supporting effective publishing and delivery to regulatory authorities. Proactively plan and collate the administrative appendices for the CSR
• Initiate and maintain production of study documents, ensuring template and version compliance per study specific requirements
• Set-up, populate and accurately maintain information in AstraZeneca tracking and communication tools (e.g. IMPACT, SharePoint, BOX if used, MS teams and study team shared mailbox) and support team members in the usage of these tools
• Support the set-up, maintenance and close-out of Clinical Trial Transparency (CTT) activity in PharmaCM, coordinating with relevant stakeholders to fulfil AstraZeneca compliance and meet the regulatory authority needs
• Support the Global Study Leader with tracking, reconciliation and follow-up of the study budget/payments in relevant systems (e.g. iBUY, FIND)
• Contribute to application, coordination, supply and tracking of study materials and equipment.
• Contribute to collection of study supplies, if required, at the study close-out
• Coordinate administrative tasks and logistic support throughout the conduct of the study, audits and regulatory inspections, according to company policies and SOPs
• Lead the practical arrangements coordination and contribute to the preparation of internal and external meetings e.g. study team meetings, committee meetings, monitor meetings, Investigator meetings and virtual meetings. Liaise with internal and external participants and/or vendors
• Prepares, contribute and distribute presentation material for meetings, newsletters and web-sites
• Work on non-drug project work in process improvements and/or leading improvement projects as discussed and agreed upon with their manager
• Education in medical or biological sciences or discipline associated with clinical research preferred;
• Proven organizational and analytical skills
• Previous administrative training/experience
• Computer proficiency in day-to-day tasks
• Develop working knowledge of the Clinical Study Process and an understanding of the range of working procedures relating to it, together with an understanding of the ICH/GCP guidelines
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English
• Demonstrate ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to prepare presentation materials
• Demonstrate professionalism and mutual respect
• Willingness and ability to train others on study administration procedures
• Display excellent organization and time management skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a high- volume environment with shifting priorities
• Available to work from January 2022 to December 2022
|Other||What you’ll Learn:|
As an Intern at AstraZeneca Canada you will have the opportunity to learn about various positions with AstraZeneca as you work cross-functionally with different parts of our business. Our purpose for this position is to ensure you gain key foundational knowledge that will complement your education through interesting work while leveraging valuable networking opportunities to expand your learning. You will be invited to attend various learning events including Town Halls, Industry Spotlight sessions Science Matters presentations, employee engagement events as well as many others so you will be well-prepared and qualified for future positions with AstraZeneca.
We have a strong track record in developing and coaching interns to be successful for future positions at AstraZeneca. Join us and thrive in a place where the brightest and most curious minds come together to unlock the potential of what science can do!
What to Expect:
This role is a 12-month paid contract position, which starts in January 2022 and will end in December 2022. Our position will be based in our Mississauga head office and allow for flexible working arrangements working both onsite (2-3 times per week) and virtually.
|How To Apply||Please send resumes to :|
If you wish, you may also submit a cover letter indicating your interest and availability. There is no need to submit any additional documentation such as transcripts or marksheets.